Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Flight simulatoooor!!.,  (Read 13028 times)

Emanuelemassari

Flight simulatoooor!!.,
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:15:21 am »

Flight simulator run perfectly on this engine! Many people use flight simulator but the graphic is not realistic like outerra and the performance are not good with most computers! Outerra is perfect..it use all cpu and gpu and maybe it run perfectly with medium computers...my dream? Flight sim. On Outerra! ( sorry for my English  :))

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Flight simulatoooor!!.,
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:10:24 pm »

Enthusiasm is always a good thing. And right now it uses all GPU and not CPU.. Which is also a good thing.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:16:12 pm »

It's better than a good thing. FSX barely needs a graphics card unless you go overkill, but the *basic* requirement of it is a decent Intel processor. Some people claim nowadays a budget processor for FSX is an i7 OC'ed to 4.5GHz, and a high-end one is OC'ed to ~5.2GHz. To finally have a program that doesn't eat valuable CPU and finally uses the graphics cards that people have to run other stuff is such good news for the FS community. Something like AeroflyFS looks good, but it's only Switzerland. Outerra is the world, but extras.

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:40:26 pm »

But what to you need it for a such complex world like Outerra just for a Flightsimulator?!
Resident of Outerra

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:29:31 pm »

As someone who has real world piloting hours I think Outerra is a perfect platform for flight simulation as a training aid. I don't think that Brano and co are only limiting the engine to this though and through API will allow different apps to plugin to it. Remember Outerra is purely an engine and not the game. The Anteworld game will show the capability of the engine. This will indeed be one of the most flexible engines that can be used for external developers to plug into.

Kelvin
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:00:40 am »

As someone who has real world piloting hours I think Outerra is a perfect platform for flight simulation as a training aid.
That may very well be, but therefore you don't need a such complex world (not a region!) like Outerra. Not even for every other single game.

Look about middle earth. It's a quite great area, but it's just a small part of the world. So quo vadis, Outerra?!
Resident of Outerra

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:23 am »

That may very well be, but therefore you don't need a such complex world (not a region!) like Outerra.

Disagree,

That's a first thing you* actually try to do in virtual world - break laws and experience extreme situations.

So extreme low level flights (cleose to buildings, mountains) is very attractive, as well as brings element of game into simulation/reality.
In real world flying (apart from enjoying the flight) my favorite stays - Landings.
(other things are quite limited to 500ft in most cases, in terms of cities it's 1000ft+obstacles).

And those things require that complexity - details, life, interactivity.
FSX and other sims definitely lacked of this.

*Talking about myself in first place, but some observations let me to conclude that about about others.
- (Just in case - that's not mine, found it on Youtube)
(And of course that's not evidence, but...)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:12:00 am by deathevor »
VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 12:45:02 pm »

Is flying limited to one biome type?  Would one continue to be challenged by flying in the same region repetitively? The world is full of variety to explore, and exploration is key to flying.  The experience of flight is not limited to mere pilotage.

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 01:52:07 pm »

That's a thing - everybody explore differently. So while still having a world to fly and observe from a distance, some prefer to have more closer look or even participate.
Outerra is very promising on bringing it all in.

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 02:43:15 pm »

The key thing for me is that when I land, I feel like I'm in a real world.  In X-Plane, if I land off-airport, I feel like I'm in a simulator.  And no matter how much free scenery you download, most X-Plane airports are nothing more than runways, taxiways, ramps and lights.  So it takes a lot of work in X-Plane to get that "I've arrived" feeling.  Otherwise, when I land, I feel like I'm in a simulator.  My Anteworld experience is limited, but I can already tell that when I shut down the engines, I will feel like I should be able to get out of my cockpit and smell fresh green grass in the air, and will need to swat at the flies in the woods.  So I can't wait for biomes and lakes and rivers.  Weather too.  When the world is more or less complete, X-Plane will become a procedures sim and I will live in Outerra.

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 03:33:30 pm »

What we talking about???? I think I've completely lost the point of the conversation :)

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »

I was agreeing with you, deathevor, I think....   :D

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:09:06 pm »

:D

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:53 pm »

I was thinking (shock horror), and maybe, just maybe, one day we'll have computers that give off smells, and maybe Outerra could manage this - when we land, we smell the grass, freshly cut. Then I'll have arrived :P

KarmaKanadian

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 01:13:51 pm »

I was thinking (shock horror), and maybe, just maybe, one day we'll have computers that give off smells, and maybe Outerra could manage this - when we land, we smell the grass, freshly cut. Then I'll have arrived :P

http://www.gizmag.com/scentscape-system-adds-smells-to-games-and-videos/17615/