Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: more texture variations  (Read 101993 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: more texture variations
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2013, 08:07:38 am »

Some of it should be adjustable via some cfg file, things like material distribution within the biomes. But the biome control data are compiled in a dataset created from raw source data (biome/climate maps) in a way suitable for the probabilistic fractal mixer, these can't be modified without recompiling the whole dataset.

Edding3000

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2013, 10:53:57 am »

Some of it should be adjustable via some cfg file, things like material distribution within the biomes. But the biome control data are compiled in a dataset created from raw source data (biome/climate maps) in a way suitable for the probabilistic fractal mixer, these can't be modified without recompiling the whole dataset.
Isnt the fractal data made at runtime? Some parts of it are compiled?

Btw: Any update on biomes?? When can we expect a sneak preview of that glorious system? :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »

Btw: Any update on biomes?? When can we expect a sneak preview of that glorious system? :)

.. i think it will take some more time, a lot of things at their hands for biomes to come. Doe, i will regret not a second ... im sure of that.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 11:51:30 pm »

New texture for crater dirt now included in the latest build.

K.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:38:58 pm by Kelvinr »
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2013, 01:07:58 am »

looks a lot better Kelvin. Where do these go?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

KelvinNZ

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2013, 01:48:27 am »

Hi Zeos,

Sorry, I should have put instructions in the zip file first. I have done this now. But for those who have already downloaded it do the following:

1) Backup your original files first...[Outerra folder]\terrain\ground
2) Copy files to [Outerra folder]\terrain\ground
3) Enjoy!

PytonPago

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:12 am »

really nice ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2013, 02:20:59 am »

If I understand you right, you basically described how the vector overlay is going to work by altering the terrain materials and other terrain parameters. Well except the insanity of "every pebble" being simulated when a car goes over it. I guess doing the math of how many pebbles there are would cure it ;)

Besides, you mainly need to push down the dirt. While the simulation of individual dirt particles not viable, the tech used for the craters can be used for imprinting the tire trails, both in the texture and geometry. Generally, OT tries to match the outcome, not to simulate it, because the latter is considerably more computationally expensive.

... so, hawing an tire imprint as a function of car weight, wetness of ground (could be based on some specific ground texture(maybe even its local space in tiles) and time of raining on an spec. region (witch would drop after being sunny for a certain time) once the biomes and weather is done - just a humidity index calculated for each sector of the terrain data - maybe for 25x25 km (+ -) regions and the smaller would just have some local variability. Craters could have a humidity depending geometry too (just imagine a bomb in swamps).

KelvinNZ

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 03:39:36 am »

New dirt texture to match the crater dirt texture now included in the latest build.

K.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:39:28 pm by Kelvinr »

KelvinNZ

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2013, 08:20:01 pm »

Some sand texture variations I've been working on that reflect the different sand colours from around the world.

yellow

white

tan

pink

orange

grey

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:27:27 pm by Kelvinr »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:08 pm »

I wouldn't want to walk on ANY of those rocky sand beaches.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

KelvinNZ

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2013, 11:20:58 pm »

Not even the pink one?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2013, 11:49:29 pm »

My feet would bleed. There needs to be a certain amount of quelling on beach rocks. Then there needs to be Really REALLY rocky shores.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2013, 12:00:46 am »

Dear Kelvinr,

you may take no photos as a presentation, because you do not show which filters was used.Moreover, your monitor should be calibrated and be no TFT, but CRT if you work with graphics. In addition must always think you that the Engine even in the state is to be changed the colour.When look time with, you must always find time 12:00. Should be as a small advice of me. 
Sorry for mine in English, but I hopes you understand what I would like to say.  ;)

BR,
Stefan
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

KelvinNZ

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32:15 am »

These textures are simply homogenous textures that will purely be used as such. The Biome compiler should handle the colouring from the MODIS map in terms of the Biome areas. The textures here are positioned at 12:00. At the end of the day there would be very little manual colouring expected as far as I understand, with an exception to a few places the MODIS map will be colouring as per this method.

Edit: the textures when created were created at the 12:00. However, the above shots differ to try to show the texture definition as 12:00 does not show this very well. Misleading in my above statement, sorry about that.

Cheers,

K.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:50:26 am by Kelvinr »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12