Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: more texture variations  (Read 101971 times)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
Re: more texture variations
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2013, 03:38:37 pm »

I use Ssbump generator and crazy bump and Photoshop, Gimp, and Paint.net for different tools between them to get the look I'm after.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

KelvinNZ

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2013, 04:40:42 am »

Haven't seen anyone do a tarmac mod yet so here we are. Once we get some heightmaps going for something like this then we'll have something even better.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:42:13 am by Kelvinr »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2013, 05:50:40 am »

Finally ! The good old soviet concrete Airfield design: the rougher the concrete, the tougher the MIGs/TUs/ILs/ANs !    ;D   ... we just seriously need a Tupolev-22M bomber now.  ;) Making the additional textures for Air-track, taxi and parking lines and it will be nice (maybe some oil-spills  :))   
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2013, 02:41:30 pm »

That needs random lines of grass growing from the cracks.. How would you make it so?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2013, 03:30:43 pm »

2 textures with the MiG looks very good.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

KelvinNZ

« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2013, 03:37:52 pm »

That needs random lines of grass growing from the cracks.. How would you make it so?

I suppose I would need to superimpose the grass onto the texture

KelvinNZ

« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2013, 01:56:15 am »

Hey guys,

Well, I have been doing many many hours of work to get some decent rock textures for the upcoming Biomes and during this time I have made some really convincing ones.

I thought seeing as I will have some additional textures I will upload one particular rock texture that I created while doing some various testing. This one came about randomly while doing some mixing.

Feel free to download this rock texture as a current replacement if you feel you need a little change from the norm right now  :) and also feel free to pass comments.

http://sdrv.ms/13UAC0I

Cheers,

K.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2013, 03:39:22 am »

Impressive work kelvin.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2013, 07:30:36 am »

That one came out nicely.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2013, 10:57:07 am »

It is going to be interesting watching the engine swap out these biome textures in transition. Such stark contrast in the world.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2013, 02:00:26 pm »

Amazing rocks Kelvinr. I like it.  8)

Thank you!

Can we get that one from post #145 as well?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:03:01 pm by Sam »
Resident of Outerra

Malfate

« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2013, 08:09:43 pm »

Are these updated textures/ biomes update going to the official version?

Or is this a third party mod?

KelvinNZ

« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »

I have been working to create texture sets for the upcoming Biomes which includes a variety of ground and rock textures and get other collected data for the Biome system.

There are a number of textures I have released but what has been released so far may not end up in the final product.

Basically, in context these are all 3rd party mods but Brano and Angrypig have been open to have them used in the Biome system mainly to help the process move a little faster.

Occasionally i will throw a texture out here and there but what I have made for the Biome system are not likely to be distributed but more likely to be preserved for the Biome system release.

Mind you, Brano and AP would have the final say, although to release all the textures individually would spoil what a lot of people are looking forward to. It would be like watching the end of a movie before seeing the rest of it, besides some textures still may be further enhanced so the entire set as it stands won't be the final set until the time comes for Brano to implement them.

Cheers,

K.

Malfate

« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »

I wish community created content such as yours, could be included in official releases, assuming you approved it.

Ofcourse probably the two biggest contingency would be be releasing them under one of the open source licenses that granted
1. Permenent rights of use
2. Royality-free agreement
3. Credits somewhere

I think that would help anteworld progress quicker, so the community could create content (Models, textures, other import scripts)and outerra can focus on more tools/features that are very slowly coming along (more sandbox tools, basic multiplayer, biomes, ect.)

But great work kelvinr. New to the community and i'll be sure to keep checking your stuff out!

KelvinNZ

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2013, 09:03:01 pm »

@Malfate

I expect that my content will be in the official release for use in the Biome system once implemented.

In terms of the licensing, well, when I say "my" textures, that means textures I have worked over many hours with my own two hands to seamlessly fit within the engine not to say that I own the textures. Their licensing allows for distributing them inside a game or product such as Outerra so there are no constraints I see with this.

At this point I see no need for an agreement per se as I have already advised Brano of the fact that he is free to use them in Outerra, besides isn't that what indie development is all about?? (if this was a business operation then things may be a little different, not sure as i'm not operating as a business doing this)

Having credit to highlight the invested effort is important but the main point here is really to say that as a result of having all my textures (tentatively) done, this alone will help with the continued progression on the developmental continuum especially once the Biome backend code is available to then utilise the textures.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12