Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: more texture variations  (Read 102007 times)

Malfate

Re: more texture variations
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2013, 09:06:15 am »

I share the same sentiment  :P. If i make anything for a project (in my eyes), i release it to the world to use however they wish. On an official or a mod capacity... Have at it! Just add a small footnote deeply buried somewhere on a website/program.

The only reason i say license (GNU GPL or some similar open source variant). I've worked under a project that had that 'one bad egg' experience where we had one project member do something similar. In the fact never stated any license/agreement for his work (very small portion of the entire project mind you). He said we could, we assume on good faith, its for the good of the project type stuff. Then one day his immaturity shows, gets 'butt hurt' so to speak. He leaves the project blazing out the door and after the fact "revokes" access/privileges to all of his work. He wanted compensation for it, threatened legal action. Needless to say created a bunch of headache.

I'm glad you feel the same mentality as me  8). I would never in the wildest dream do something like that, cause its not me, nor is it right in my eyes. Love the work your putting in. Keep it up!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:13:29 am by Malfate »

torc

« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2014, 12:55:26 pm »

sorry if i bump and necro this amazing thread, but is there any way to download those textures?

Thanks  :)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2014, 04:16:52 am »

sorry if i bump and necro this amazing thread, but is there any way to download those textures?

Brano has my full set of textures so it would be up to him how he uses them. I'm not even sure where those particular ones are now.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

torc

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2014, 08:03:49 am »

Brano has my full set of textures so it would be up to him how he uses them. I'm not even sure where those particular ones are now.

Thanks Kelvinr, waiting for some link :)...and keep it up the good work!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »

I have the textures from Kelvin, though I'm not sure if all of them as they were posted here. The problem is that they are no longer directly usable in current OT version. With the introduction of biome coloring, ground textures now are in different color space, used only to modulate the base color obtained from the global color map. It's not yet the final state - there's just a single texture type for each element applied over and over and just colorized. Ultimately the material mixer will combine multiple source textures for each base surface type; at that point we'll process all the collected textures and more, to make them usable for the texturizer.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]