Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Outerra Engine Progress  (Read 52421 times)

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 02:01:09 am »

Undersea climate and vegetation sounds really nice, will there also be topography of the ocean floor?
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 02:12:25 am »

Those data are about the depths at each kilometer; in fact the data for underwater climates aren't there, will have to be created from water temperature and depth and so.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 02:35:50 am »

So the data for ocean depth is there, but the rest will have to be added on.  I see.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

maxter

Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 11:40:14 pm »

So do you guys have a broad development time line that you are able to share with us?  I understand if that is not possible, but it would be really interesting.

Cheers,

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 02:23:42 am »

Quote from: maxter
So do you guys have a broad development time line that you are able to share with us?  I understand if that is not possible, but it would be really interesting.

Cheers,

I have it on good authority it will be completely done and several smash hit titles will be running on it come march.. of 2038.

And I can't wait.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 04:43:15 am »

A very broad one that changes on weekly basis :)
Seriously .. there are too many factors and open discussions with several developers that may alter our path considerably. Hopefully it will be more clear by the end of the year.

alainneedle1

Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 06:53:15 pm »

Quote from: cameni
A very broad one that changes on weekly basis :)
Seriously .. there are too many factors and open discussions with several developers that may alter our path considerably. Hopefully it will be more clear by the end of the year.

If I may ask....will you make your engine available to all developers who are welling to use it or will you do business with only one of them?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 02:04:44 am »

Quote from: alainneedle1
If I may ask....will you make your engine available to all developers who are welling to use it or will you do business with only one of them?
Initially we can support only a few of them until it's finished into usable state, but later it may be used by anyone, if all goes right.

dwell6277

Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:41 am »

Hello everyone its good to see the progress that has gone on since I last checked in.  the terrains are nothing short of spectacular and the atmosphere improvements equally stunning.

Earlier this year I was asking about the development of a civilization generator to lay down randomized infrastructure zones.  Basic highway and city layouts.  I do not know if there was any discussion about this.

Once Outerra is completed I was hoping to be able to use it to generate multiple celestial bodies and a generator like this would significantly lessen the development time on these large scale global bodies.

Also can the physics engine be tweaked to adjust for variable gravity around different planets.  ie less on the moon more on earth.

Thanks for listening and great work so far.
Dwell
Do or do not.  There is no try.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Outerra Engine Progress
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 01:46:47 pm »

Quote from: dwell6277
Earlier this year I was asking about the development of a civilization generator to lay down randomized infrastructure zones.  Basic highway and city layouts.  I do not know if there was any discussion about this.

Much and conclusively it will not be implemented into the Outerra engine itself but will be supported through add-ons. Outerra's final goal is to recreate the earth before the hand of man touched it.

Once Outerra is completed I was hoping to be able to use it to generate multiple celestial bodies and a generator like this would significantly lessen the development time on these large scale global bodies.

The stars are in-place now but as for celestial bodies such as the moon and sun they should be implemented by the OT team but not sure if the rest of the planets are on the To-Do list.

Also can the physics engine be tweaked to adjust for variable gravity around different planets.  ie less on the moon more on earth.

Outerra does not have its own physics engine. In the current engine you see in videos it is using the open-source "Bullet" physics engine. Any physics engine can be developed and implemented to use in OT.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 [2]