Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Outerra freezes at 2.36GB  (Read 14062 times)

BenDragon

Re: Outerra freezes at 2.36GB
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:47 am »

Okay, so this is what my computer is like when nothing is really running on my computer.
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/3600/processeswithnothingope.png
Consumes little under 2GB (1.88) to be exact.

One question about my HDD theroy, how can everything else boot up if it was my HDD? if it was my HDD, would it struggle to load anything including windows? (Yes windows XP 32bit did work on my computer).

Outerra loads perfectly, it just freezes when the RAM usage goes over the title's limit.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:33 am »

The HDD theory is a long shot... and it behaves like having lag spikes.But I guess you don't have that... and even if you had that would interfere once every 10-15 minutes...

But with the ram.. as I told you... unplug the 2GB ones.. and put the 4GB one... cause I don't think you motherboard supports that ram... because it can't withstand it.Test them separately... if you say it is when reaching 2.36GB... test them alone to see if it works differently. :)
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

BenDragon

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 01:03:25 pm »

I've already tested the 2 2GB RAM sticks alone and the 2 4 GB RAm sticks alone, the 2 2GB RAM sticks caused my computer to crash, while the 2 4GBs caused the same effect as the 2 different types of RAM modules alone. Which is that outerra freezes at around the same RAM usage (2.38Gbs), It's better then my whole computer crashing but still bad as outerra stops responding for an unknown time, I haven't found out how long it lags out for since outerra locks my mouse up to the screen confines which doesn't allow me to access the task bar to open up programs while I wait, it's annoying.

Here's a summary:
  • 2GB RAM - Freezes my entire computer doe to the fact my computer runs out of RAm to be able to play outerra.
  • Both types of RAM - Outerra freezes, computer continues to respond.
  • 4 GB RAM - Outerra freezes, computer continues to respond.

I'm sorta pulling at straws here since I am not sure what's causing the problem, nor do I have a method to find out the problem.

It could be the firewall, but that's a long shot since Outerra can download the DEMs from the server and successfully load the DEMs up to their full detail (with my graphics settings on the lowest settings, otherwise my graphics card driver would crash due to an overload in rendering data).

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 01:09:10 pm »

From what you just said.. the ram cards have nothing to do with what is happening :) ... keep searching...
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »

New version (0.7.14.3614) fixes a memory leak that was causing a rapid increase in memory consumption when you fly fast around.

BenDragon

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 04:22:58 pm »

New version (0.7.14.3614) fixes a memory leak that was causing a rapid increase in memory consumption when you fly fast around.
Okay, so will outerra automatically update?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:51:14 pm »

Okay, so will outerra automatically update?
Yes, unless you are stuck with version 3456 or 3475 that had broken autoupdater. In that case download the full install from http://demo.outerra.com

Daikan

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 08:47:27 am »

I'm still running into a memory leak with the latest version (0.7.14.3614). It is most apparent when flying the AH64. In fact, i don't even have to fly it just spawning one will do. In my case the memory increase rate is almost 5-10MB/s leading into a crash after about 5 minutes or so, without doing anything.

Running Win7 64 bit, ATI Radeon 6850 1GB w/ Catalyst 13.1.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 08:53:22 am »

Thanks. I noticed that too (and your crash reports). There seems to be another leak even without the aircraft code being used, I'm trying to find it.

BenDragon

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 08:57:29 am »

Thanks. I noticed that too (and your crash reports). There seems to be another leak even without the aircraft code being used, I'm trying to find it.
Yeah, I found a few with the widgets in my version. every time I press escape to being up the sandbox 'widget', the location 'widget' or the google maps 'widget, it seems to bring up an error which says that I have a 'possible leak', can you look into this?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 09:07:52 am »

That warning is actually harmless, refers to something else.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 04:54:43 pm »

This leak seems to appear only on ATI cards (definitely on 6xxx series and 13.1/13.3b drivers), memory gets lost somewhere in the driver. We are trying to find a workaround ...

BenDragon

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 04:13:36 am »

That warning is actually harmless, refers to something else.
Okay, thanks for keeping in touch. :-)
Pages: 1 [2]