Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Craters

(1/12) > >>

cameni:
A new blog update - dynamic craters in Outerra (preview).

ZeosPantera:
Saw one of these on your minus feed a few days ago.. You have been keeping me up nights!

Abc94:
Wow looks like the Fractopolis airport has taken a little bit of a beating. :P  They look good.

Are these ready enough to be in the next development version?  I'm planning on picking up a new video card this weekend, so I should be able to play around with Outerra again.

Dunlop:
Looks good. Small improvement could be, if possible, to generate some cracked asphalt slices around the edges of the craters to make them a bit more 'rough' and not so perfectly round. But anyway dynamic things are always awesome at game engines of this scale. :)

ZeosPantera:
I think you should add a modifier that not only calculates an explosions force but also a trajectory. Say a meteor hits at a 45° angle it would make a teardrop shape and throw the debris in the opposite direction. Would look amazing..

Also my friend brought up a question on if a smaller crater can be formed in a larger one and then I wondered if two craters form next to each other and overlap what is the result?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version