Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DDG-115 USS Rafael Peralta  (Read 25461 times)

ArleighBurke

DDG-115 USS Rafael Peralta
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »

Hello All,

I am new here my name is Devin Rodrigues. I was recommended her from another forum member. I have been modeling ships for a long time but this is my first attempt at a Naval Vessel, i have made cruise ships, Greenpeace ships and sea shepherd ships. I really have never played with Outerra and have only seen beautiful renders from Bart. Im looking forward to learning how to use Outerra. Any How I Have been Working on this model for several months. She is almost Complete. I have to model the Bridge and the Turret needs to be put back on the Bow but other than that she is pretty much complete. I Hope this is the right section as well. She was modeled in Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk 3DS Max and SAP Visual Enterprise.

Name: USS Rafael Peralta
Type: Arleigh-Burke Class FLT IIA
Hull: 115
Builder: General Dynamics (Bath Iron Works)
Operator: United States Navy
Top Speed: 42.5 Knots

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Devin Rodrigues
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:50:17 pm by ArleighBurke »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: DDG-115 USS Rafael Peralta
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 02:19:20 am »

Looks great :)

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:19:55 am »

Wow! Glad to have you on board (pardon the pun)... once Cameni fixes waves it'll look right in place. I know nothing about importing, but there's lots of wonderful people here that do!
Could we have a look at those cruise ships you've made? Not everything in Outerra is military :P

ArleighBurke

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 06:04:42 pm »

Yes Sir,

Ive only really made one Cruise Ship the MS Queen Elizabeth and the Greenpeace Ship MV Esperanza

MV Esperanza

MS Queen Elizabeth

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:57 am »

Lovely, can't wait.
If someone could put wheels on them, I definitely want an amphibious cruise ship!

ArleighBurke

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:17 pm »

Just a quick question. Outerra we can use ships correct this isnt for AI right??

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:27:30 pm »

Just a quick question. Outerra we can use ships correct this isnt for AI right??

In the future yes.. You can go by land, air or sea.. Frankly I am still waiting for the Pre-WWII Zeppelins!!

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ArleighBurke

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:47 am »

Ok I see any idea on when the game will be finished?

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:28:34 pm »

Anywhere between 3 years and 10 years, depending on how easy the world is to simulate :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »

WOW ! ... nice ship model.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ArleighBurke

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 01:05:48 am »

Thank you

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07:53 am »

Hi Devin,

nice to see you here! Great work on the DDG model.

Marko

ArleighBurke

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:51 pm »

Hey All I am back with a much more optomized version of the DDG but she has a hull number and name change to the USS Halsey DDG-97

So I would like help on how to get her into the game I am going to purchase the full version

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 01:11:32 am »

Hey All I am back with a much more optomized version of the DDG but she has a hull number and name change to the USS Halsey DDG-97

So I would like help on how to get her into the game I am going to purchase the full version

... well, just ask anything ya need. For starters, check if the model has all meshes of maximum 65536 verticies. And that the parenting is right - one base mesh, witch can be even empty and carries the name of the vehicle, and all other parented to it, so the importer takes it as a nice pack.  If ya want the turret to work, you have to add two more meshes for the turret and the gun itself, whyte their origins (pivot points) set at a place, you use as an rotation axis. The gun has to be parented to the turret and the turret to the base-mesh. ....

Then try running it as a collada (or FBX) export trough the importer and it should not do any problems. Scripts will be the second thing to go trough, but that you better get into once the model is imported properly. - well help you whyte that too.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ArleighBurke

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 11:15:46 pm »

I honestly have no idea what to do lol
Pages: [1] 2