Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Suggestion for Occulus Rift  (Read 39041 times)

Jonathan

Suggestion for Occulus Rift
« on: April 06, 2013, 06:40:30 am »

Support with the Occulus Rift would be cool.. For those of you who don't know what the "Rift" is check out the website @ http://www.oculusvr.com/ or does anyone know if the Outerra Engine will support it?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Suggestion for Occulus Rift
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:09:18 am »

I've got one dev kit going my way, definitely will be adding support for it once it arrives.

There was also a discussion thread back when Kickstarter started here: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1081.0

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:42 pm »

I've got one dev kit going my way, definitely will be adding support for it once it arrives.

There was also a discussion thread back when Kickstarter started here: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1081.0

Can I have your Team Fortress 2 VR headset item code? :3
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:24:11 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 03:55:07 am »

What's it with that TF code? Received a couple of request from random people already ???

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 11:35:03 am »

Somehow it seems Oculus is giving people with dev kits a code to get a hat in TF2.. Damn you steam trying to raise awareness.. Though it would be cool to see characters in TF2 wearing Rifts..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 05:16:56 pm »

Team Fortress 2
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=10148
I've played nearly every day for 5 years...
Must.... have.....  :P

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/TF2VRH
The TF2VRH was issued in Genuine quality to players who redeemed the code obtained by preordering an Oculus Rift development kit from the official developer website before April 1, 2013.

Here's an awesome 44 min video of the Oculus Rift guys demonstrating it in TF2.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:22:40 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Matt6767

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »

That Rift hat code will probably sell for $50 by itself. Maybe even more since players there can't think clearly enough to determine when you should just buy the kit itself rather than pay $100 for the code.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 12:42:32 am »

90 year old grandmother trying Oculus Rift
This is great.  She takes it really well.   ;D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:42 pm »

And here's Mirrors Edge

Jagerbomber

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:41 am »

As long as you ordered by April 1st -- Oculus mentioned on Twitter that you will get the steam code as soon as your order switches to processing.
Source:
https://twitter.com/Oculus3D/status/320036272917848064

BTW they just gave out the codes. If you ordered your Oculus by the deadline just go here to get your orders details with the option to claim your steam code for the Rift "hat":
https://www.oculusvr.com/sales

mLichy

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 03:22:45 pm »

Oculus Rift for this game would be amazing.  I really hope to see it added if possible! :)

mLichy

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 03:50:53 pm »

I just was able to try it, like 5 min ago... so damn cool and weird. 

It really felt like I was in another place.  If Outerra had this, it would be ridiculous.
It's hard to really explain it, without seeing for yourself.  But I really do think this is the future.  It takes immersion to a whole new level.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 05:31:48 pm »

What did you use it in?

mLichy

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 06:22:07 pm »

I got to test the Tuscany Demo.

But I didn't get to use Wiimotes.  Used a 360 controller.  But when I went up the stairs, I got weak in the knees. Felt weird.  Felt like I should be walking/moving.  But I think if u were using this and flying or driving in a game, it would feel almost real.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 06:11:00 pm »

Now this is how you play TF2!
!

Naa... Too exhausting.  :P

(Somebody needs a better computer or better recording software.   ::))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5