Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: gravity  (Read 4207 times)

fooff

gravity
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:17:31 pm »

first of all: hi everyone!! :D i'm new here! i like this engine so much, so i want to contribute to improve it!!
second: i don't know if this is the correct section to start this question, but i really cant find any more appropriate one...

okei so, i was playing with the model of the cars and vehicles, trying to make some good jump from a ramp when i noticed this sensation that all the vehicles were too light (they jump a lot)
so i tried a launching with the lamborghini from a ramp about 9 meters high, the speed of the car at the top of the ramp was about 100 km/h. i know a lamborghini can go very fast, but, the car touched the ground about 90 meters after the ramp, i think it's a bit too much for a lamborghini too...

my first thought (as i said) was that the car is too light: however the mass of an object in a free fall do not affect his speed, the only relevant variables are the height and the gravity acceleration.

so, after making a few calculation, i found that the gravity is about 6 time lower than normal... is it possible?
have i done a huge mistake?

fooff

Re: gravity
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »

sorry, i didn't consider the inclination of the ramp: i have re-done the calculation e now the gravity acceleration it's 3 time lower than normal (still too low)
:(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:44:47 pm »

We are using normal gravity there, unless there's an odd bug I guess it must be in the numbers. How do you know the incline angle?

fooff

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

i simply create a plateau 9 meters higher than the ground, so the car's speed vector is parallel to the ground :D
however i don't know if my calculation are right, because it's difficult to measure the distances in a proper way...

anyway it still remain my impression: i find it too easy to made very long or high jumps, even if the initial speed is relatively low... maybe it's just only an impression!
am i the only one who think so?