Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: models  (Read 3511 times)

trix

models
« on: April 14, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »

the UFO and the player should have models and for the UFO it should have toggle-able interior model and for the player it should have items that the player can hold

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: models
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:45 am »

I think the UFO mode should have a humming sound to show you are just floating around. Then when you are a man on the ground you get to hear the sounds of Outerra. Which really aren't that impressive yet.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:27:11 am »

I agree with trix.  The UFO capability could be built into a neat futuristic flight simulation all by itself.  Different models could be given UFO ability with cockpits and object models just like the regular flight simulation aircraft.  Given that Anteworld is itself a future science fiction scenario, such vehicles could give a more science fiction feel.  In fact, wrapping one's self with a vehicle would increase the feeling of "being there" as opposed to just having a disembodied camera that can move everywhere at high speed.  In fact...to go the distance, it would be nice have the ability to configure the UFO capability so that it might require a bit of flying skill.  Flight simming is cool, and I really like that part of OT/Anteworld, but the UFO has potential to be a bigger part of the simulation.  :)

mctash

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 01:45:11 pm »

Yes the ship from The Flight of the Navigator gets my vote!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »

... exactly what we need :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.