Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Limits of functionally designed models ?  (Read 86071 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Limits of functionally designed models ?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 02:44:03 am »

probably by setting new tire radius in script, and changing some other tire properties too.

... so, scripting the "damaged" mesh appear, switching the normal tire and scripting its smaller radius/props in ?   ... Did you too thought about the possibility of dynamically changing meshes (cloth hit by a ball like stuff) for OT in the future ? ... what do you thing about using such way to simulate tire pressure based deformation (or lowering the pressure from vehicle cabin to have a better run on sands) while rolling and possibly used such a thing for broken ones too ?  Just thought, if it would go to load the truck whyte some heavy stuff and take it effect on the tire profile ...

Broken in what way? Deflated or unmounted ...

... well, it seems to be a bug (it just "generates" itself rotations around the meshes origins for all tiles before saving the export of any kind for some reason, making it look like twitched paper-shred - stays like that on workspace too) ... im ruining Blender on Ubuntu linux, where my graph. card isnt exactly good whyte it (not supported, hacked some functions, tho linux doesnt like much - still better than whiteout for playing in Blender) ... and it has some issues during modelling too, so im not much in uproar about that  :P ... i will switch it for a colada and 3dM when i get my hands on a normal sys. later .. (will do some tuning to it anyways based on the tire/rod needs for the OT tire-change test, just giving it to forum members to play whyte )
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 03:44:33 am »

You can enable/disable the meshes to show damage or a change of state, but tires would deserve a custom support in the engine, to simulate the effect of changing pressure. We were already thinking about how to approach it, together with a better tire physics, so perhaps one day. But first we have to implement the changing friction on different surfaces.

PytonPago

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 03:56:47 am »

You can enable/disable the meshes to show damage or a change of state, but tires would deserve a custom support in the engine, to simulate the effect of changing pressure. We were already thinking about how to approach it, together with a better tire physics, so perhaps one day. But first we have to implement the changing friction on different surfaces.

... thanks Cameni ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 08:58:26 am »

Had some little time : .. the cabin was refined into hi-detail but BM-21 Grad and the freight 2340-truck have to be separate models at the end. Will be just too big  :-\ (truck has around 14 Mb data, but the grad tops 25 at this stage, so in the detail i need it will topple up to 70 - and i have no low-poly LODs done yet  ??? ).

And yes, have changed my axles for possible tire changing. :)

... I would like to ask, if there will be made some kind of "force app" - simply, the same like the crater creator, but it would just apply some pushing force to the object at the camera vector direction. It would be very helpful for testing suspensions for cars and tanks later on by excessive forces (hitting by another vehicle, falling of heavy freight etc.). If it could maybe even show how great the applied force was (maybe an grow-indicator whyle holding the mouse-button - that would be nice even for the craters), it would be really awesome.  ... that would be helpful for importing functional structures and vehicles, physics testing and playing - and for me it would help to add me the back-push from rocket-fire for the grad rightly - as it could be used even script-based if vector and point of hitting defined - for the fire sequence, doe even for many other applications. And testing for munitions like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JA0bxgq1X2Y#!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:04:04 pm by PytonPago »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 08:34:57 am »

Bullet physics operates with force impulses applied on the body, so in theory one could deliver an impulse to see how the model would behave, that's a good idea. Not sure how to show how much the kick was, or how to control it. Like with the craters, hold longer before releasing to get a bigger kick?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 09:00:39 am »

Explosions are always good. How about a simple UI that you can set the charge force.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 09:50:07 am »

Bullet physics operates with force impulses applied on the body, so in theory one could deliver an impulse to see how the model would behave, that's a good idea. Not sure how to show how much the kick was, or how to control it. Like with the craters, hold longer before releasing to get a bigger kick?

yes - time of holding equals forces strength ... well, the cars can hit another ones and they react quite well ... maybe a simplistic script of that interaction, white a 1kg weight imagined object, and the time holding the mouse key would multiply by some factor and yield like the 1kg objects speed in the script ( that can be even in Newtons then if derived to a 1 cm square :)  --doe a 20 sec limit would be good - dont want to let someone hold the mouse button for 3 days trying to push the Earth out of the orbit ;D) ?  ... The factor would be great to be chose-able too, as the tuning of that tool for heavier/lighter objects. That would help a lot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:34:40 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 09:56:43 am »

Explosions are always good. How about a simple UI that you can set the charge force.

Actually, that is why i wanted that force strength be shown in some way - engines trough the simplicity have some deviation in those reactions, so i would play a little white this tool to see, how big should the force be, to push the projectile (or some object) the right way in OT compared to reality and latter apply that to the fire-script of the weapon.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:02:33 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:03 am »

little progress :

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:52:50 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 10:51:17 am »

... i just found out, that i cant outmaneuver a rubber tube in the model - simply, on the launcher is at his base and tube-section an wire-pack, theyr meshes movements are uneven and there is no point, where i could place a cross-section prolonging between them. (the arm-connected wire on the pic.) Is there already a support for such softy objects like wires, chains and stuff ? I would hate to animate that ...

P.S.: what are the distances for the four LODs set for models ? (sorry if i oversaw that being discussed somewhere else)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:11:23 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:35 am »

Got a little progress, whyte the targeting arm ... also, the two filter types of the ural series (there is a third too, a sidekick on front of the right door, will be added later too). Found seems, control will be nice from the model itself, doe, will see how the geodetic aimer turns out, but will need to texture its ranges too ...

Hope i get it done by the next month (hopefully whyte rockets), to finally get to rig and script it into OT ...

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 01:01:20 pm »

Crazy Bastard. Keep going.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »

... yea, but still getting nowhere about the user manual ... the more of those panels i see, the worse it gets  ???  ... damn those 20s ! We should keep our MLRS forces, now those guys are hard to find ... movement schematics and theyr controls are figured out, but those electronics. Three step fail-save and so many levers ... and the programmed pylon-launch is still a mystery. :( Seems, gonna need to make myself a spy-suspect by contacting the russian defense ministry about that ...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:40:17 pm by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »

Damn you .. Now I want to build one of those boxes.

PytonPago

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 05:42:59 am »

Damn you .. Now I want to build one of those boxes.

what, the launch box ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11