Outerra Engine > FAQ

Outerra is 32bit or 64bit?

(1/2) > >>

M7:
I guess it should be 32bit since it install in program(x86). I'm asking the question cause i've been playing WW2OL MMO since it came out 12 years ago. In the past 6 or 7 years they haven't been creating any new plane or vehicle. One of the reason they mentionned is that they have reached the maximum of 2 gig memory the 32bit app can load. Can Outerra be limited in the same way in the future?

cameni:
It's 32bit at the moment, but it's going to be 64bit in the near future. There are ways how to manage it on 32bits for a while, but it would be unnecessarily complicating the matters.

M7:
That's great news!

mercenar1e:
is outerra still running at 32bit?

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: cameni on April 19, 2013, 12:40:42 pm ---It's 32bit at the moment, but it's going to be 64bit in the near future. There are ways how to manage it on 32bits for a while, but it would be unnecessarily complicating the matters.

--- End quote ---

I remember you mentioning before that you wanted to be 64Bit by the end of last year but when it didn't happen, I just assumed it was gonna be a while. Very very glad to hear you are still working towards that goal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version