Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Integration of Outerra with Space Engine  (Read 5194 times)

FedericoGiovine

Integration of Outerra with Space Engine
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:13 am »

I am not sure if this was already suggested and if it was i am really sorry  :-[ ....
Anyway, for those who don't know what space engine is this is their website: http://en.spaceengine.org/

My idea is to implement Outerra's engine into the one of Space Engine, what would happen, I think, is a massive universe on which every planet is "visitable" and has perfect details and physics. Of course this would mean expanding Outerra's textures server to also include textures for different planets.

Even a bigger idea following this would be a MMO game where you have a spaceship and you can travel through a vast universe in which you can land on different planets and explore, and stuff like that (I have many more ideas but it would take me too much to list them all)

Thank you for reading this and excuse some of the typos and grammatical errors, English is not my first language. :)

PS: my friend and I could volunteer in the concept art and possible 3D editing!

GHAO

• Thinking
Re: Integration of Outerra with Space Engine
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »

It would be cool to have a sci-fi add-on to Outerra (which kinda would be an MMO).
Please list your ideas, the more the merrier, and one idea might inspire someone else's idea! Any concept art you and your friend have already would be welcome as well. I guess the point of these forums is to collect like-minded people together who can then work together, modding etc. on behalf of the developers, who will release software development kits (SDK for short) for them. So, someone with good art skills might find themselves 'valuable' here :)
Also, that's very good English, you don't need to apologise! The only mistake I see is "Even a bigger", this should be "An even bigger". Yours is possible, but not in this context (I know, English is horrible :P ).

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »

Mentioned before in forums - basically Outerra is not limited to one planet. And not limited to distance of it's universe.
I might be wrong, but as I remember Outerra works the same (or similar) way to Space Engine.

So it's just matter of time when devs will add other planets.
VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

FedericoGiovine

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:33:13 pm »

That sounds really good, i can't wait for an SDKs and more planets!