Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Additional controls for vehicles  (Read 15676 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Additional controls for vehicles
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 12:56:37 am »

You can check how the MiG29 script animates the parts. In the action method you can set a flag indicating that something should open, and then in the update method you'd compute the angle based on the time elapsed from when the flag was initially set (using an helper var that accumulates the delta time provided in the update_frame method).

There will be also support for complex animations done in the 3D modeler, that are controlled by setting a value in range 0..1, but then you'll still have to compute the value from the elapsed time.

mLichy

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 10:05:36 am »

Ah, ok.  Actually I looked at the script the other day, I think I remember seeing something like this. 
I'll check it out again, thanks!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 11:20:16 am »

Hmm thinking maybe we could wrap some of these useful bits of functionality in a helper script that gets automatically included before each vehicle script, since this is a fairly regular thing.

mLichy

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. 

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 02:41:27 pm »

just a couple of suggestions for cars

indicaters and hazard lights
high/low beam toggle - better for night driving
open roof - can be used for sun roof or convertable soft top/hard top
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 03:04:58 pm »

another thought! something i feel has been missing from every game/sim ever made. being able to put your foot to the floor! while on foot we can always walk AND run! so why not in a car if 'w' is to drive normal, holding 'shift' and pressing 'w' would make the car accelerate as fast as possible! so you can drive around like normal "town" driving but when you need to move it fast you can hold 'shift' and floor it! i think it would really add to the realisim!

and one other thing, not the right place im sure but any chance in adding a cinematic camera? great for fly bys/drive bys!

ps. if i edit a post, like the one above also by me! will it show 'new' on the forum or will it just update? just wonder if things will be missed by editing post? thanks
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 05:52:21 pm »

just a couple of suggestions for cars

indicaters and hazard lights
high/low beam toggle - better for night driving
open roof - can be used for sun roof or convertable soft top/hard top

What Bugs said. These are most important for cars imo. High/low beam, indicators would be nice too since you don't see them in any game. Open/close roof would be nice for convertibles although I could live without that. Also windscreen wipers (if this game will have changing weather this is be a must for sure).
Maybe some stuff for off-road vehicles could be predefined too, like tire pressure adjustment, low/high gear, diff lock (this would be also useful for street cars too, so you can toggle road/drift driving/racing). Now I don't know how realistic physics will be in this game, but if aim is simulator or at least close to simulation, than these would be great things to have, if not down right necessary.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 10:01:43 am »

hi all! i wanted to ask here if we can have mouse steering added! so to have mouse left and right axis mappable!

not all of us have steering wheels to use but mouse steering is as close as we can get without a wheel!

i played a few games with mouse steering like live for speed and race 08 and a few other racing sims and having mouse steering really gave me that extra control over the car that was missing from every other sim!

so angrypig, can you add this please! im sure others here would benefit from it.

thanks
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Pages: 1 [2]