Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Tiger2  (Read 61057 times)

M7

Re: Tiger2
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 04:14:18 pm »

sorry, just saw that using chassis as the name of the emiter, doesn't work even though it's the name of the parent group  of the vehicle  i gave in sketchup. But i didn't made it a bone so that's probably why you cant use it as emiter, i dont know. So looks like you can only set one of the wheel as emiter.

In the tatra js the emiter is set on a .... wait a sec. ... i was about to say that it's set on a wheel but no it is set on the half axle which doesn not turn!!!!

this.add_sound_emitter("halfaxle_l0");

so that might be the reason it is not wobleling on the tatra. I will reimport the tiger and add the chassis as bone this time and see if it make a difference.

M7

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 05:12:30 pm »

Yep i reimported the dae file and adding chassis as a bone and voilà! nomore wobling. Thanks Zeos for the cue about the wheel emiter!!!

I also reimported an other version of the tiger, this time with the 'turret' and the 'cannon' as separate bone so these could be scripted to rotate. I have a problem atm with google drive though. I can upload the .rar file but i cant see it in the browser, so i can't share it yet. As soon as it show, i'll put the link.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 09:54:25 pm »

Yeah the Google drive and MSN skydrive systems are slow. Easy to edit but I still like my mediafire for just strait filesharing. \\

Oh, any luck fixing the wheel animations? They are still very backward.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »

I didn't actually notice the wheels, i was so focused on the sound but no i have no idea what could cause that.

Now here's the new tiger with new bones ( turret, cannon) . It does have issue with the normal map texture (which it lack now) . Eventually i'll replace the tiger2 with this one when every think has been fixed.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2c2VUZ1FTd3NROFU/edit?usp=sharing

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »

Just in case, you can export your model from Outerra as a single file. And share it.
Easier to install. Works like a charm.
VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

M7

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 12:58:23 pm »

Ah cool! Will use the export next time cause now i have been messing up with the textures. This is a quick test for camo color. Didn't work on a a nice pattern yet, i just wanted to get the color right for now..

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 01:34:08 pm »

Sexy. I guess we are waiting for Cameni to explain how to code the turret to move?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 02:03:48 pm »

M7

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 06:11:26 pm »

Now in winter gear. Pretty easy to edit the overall color.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:07:16 pm by M7 »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 04:40:59 am »

That is some Eye-Candy camo !  ;)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 05:07:56 am »

That is some Eye-Candy camo !  ;)

Thanks! I actually got that effect by accident while playing with the texture in photoshop, but it looks so right when it first appeared, i couldn't believe it would be so simple.

Now i updated the summer version with murkz script. Thanks murkz!!!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2dm5Yc3JiZmdWZ3c/edit?usp=sharing

I fixed the wheels, they now turn in the right direction 

Still a few bugs. Barrel wont move up, startup sound wont play.

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 05:18:23 am »

You are very welcome M7.

Really nice work on the Tiger 2 script, it sounds great. I have a turret sound I can pass along if you can get it to play when the turret rotates.

Cameni is the guy who takes all the credit for the script, I did a very little bit research for him and some testing.

I hope the talented guys we have here can now take this script to the next level. Gears and associated sounds would be nice as a start.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:24:54 am by murkz »

M7

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:46 pm »

Really nice work on the Tiger 2 script, it sounds great.

Thanks but i know very little about scripting, I wish i knew more about that stuff. i pretty much rely on Zeos to get these things working actually  ;D. Thanks Zeos!!!! but i'm fairly happy with how the main engine sound so far.

I'm actually wondering if it's possible to have multiple sounds from one vehicle at this same time. Would be great to have separate sound like engine , transmission gear (the kind of sustained high pitch noise) , gear changing, turret sound, squiking tracks that can play simultaniusly . I imagine it would be a mess to script these thing , so i will have to wait and vulture these when they show up in the forum. 

I have a turret sound I can pass along if you can get it to play when the turret rotates.

That would be so cool. Though i did find a  video with good sound of a panther turret rotating. though. It will  save me the trouble to edit it for something else.

I hope the talented guys we have here can now take this script to the next level. Gears and associated sounds would be nice as a start.

That's an exciting prospect to think of how these things will buiild up in the future.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2013, 11:35:47 pm »

I am very sure you can have a bunch of sound all emitting at the same time.

And don't rely too much on my coding ability. I just have a talent for hammering my keyboard until things work.

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 02:08:30 am »

We have a bunch of sounds created by SirDieaLot for T34 vs Tiger that we would really like to see added to the Tiger and G.

New corrected gun elevation and depression figures for you M7:

const MinTurretAngle = -8;  //deg gun depression
const TurretAngleSpan = 15; //deg gun elevation

*Germany's Tiger Tanks VK45.02 to Tiger II page 154
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:13:28 am by murkz »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6