Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Tiger2  (Read 61042 times)

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
Re: Tiger2
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:07 am »

Here are the turret rotation speeds for the Tiger 2. I have no idea how, or if it is possible to have this simulated but it is here for completeness :)

M7

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09:05 am »

Perfecto!

Do you have a t-34 in the works? I know i found a nice one, more detailed than the tiger2,  in the sketchup warehouse but it has no texture. There's quite a few more that could look incredable in the right texture artist hand.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 08:39:09 am »

Here are the turret rotation speeds for the Tiger 2. I have no idea how, or if it is possible to have this simulated but it is here for completeness :)

.... 300 + turns on manual  ? .. Lets simulate the manual control - get the mouses burning !  ;D   .... how is the gear to the turret function, if its track-gearbox dependent ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 09:01:03 am »

Interesting!. Cameni did add some extra button to play with. Could probably use some of them for this kind of stuff.

Now here's the latest tiger2 version. I also added a link on the first page.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2dm5Yc3JiZmdWZ3c/edit?usp=sharing

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 09:22:23 am »

.... 300 + turns on manual  ? .. Lets simulate the manual control - get the mouses burning !  ;D   .... how is the gear to the turret function, if its track-gearbox dependent ?

I know it was hydraulically driven and I am guessing engine rpm dependent.

Chaoz

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 10:29:56 am »

i noticed that the tank is speeding up crazy fast when in reverse, there must be something wrong

M7

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 10:43:34 am »

i noticed that the tank is speeding up crazy fast when in reverse, there must be something wrong

Yeah just noticed that. No idea atm how to fix it.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:09 am »

It's a bug in max_rpm and max_tire_speed not returning signed values.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 12:18:35 pm »

Wow. Imagine building an actual manual turret control setup.. Infinitely rotatable control platforms do exist so.. Get turnin'.

Also that T34 is so nice but if we are living out our fantasies.. A T28 would be more appropriate.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 02:44:26 am »

Wow. Imagine building an actual manual turret control setup.. Infinitely rotatable control platforms do exist so.. Get turnin'.

Also that T34 is so nice but if we are living out our fantasies.. A T28 would be more appropriate.

... well, i want to see the manual turning controls for that one Zeos. Would need a battleship canon gearbox platform.  ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ... Do you plan to make realistic insides ? Or just gun sighting/driver periscope views ?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:48:18 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 03:30:49 am »

I have this labour of love, that is a long way off being finished but I hope to finish one day

http://theantisocialgamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/tiger-2-interior-revisit.html

PytonPago

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 04:27:12 am »

I have this labour of love, that is a long way off being finished but I hope to finish one day ...

THAT is definitely My and Zeoses kind of model standard thinking for OT.  ;D ;D Your got my attention on that work progressing !   ;) 

M7

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 09:46:24 am »

wow, the immersion factor will be amazing to drive/shoot from inside this thing.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 12:56:34 pm »

Make it so.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2013, 07:15:27 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/?13e4n8xq7tii17a

I hope you don't mind M7, I have updated the Tiger 2 to work with the new build released yesterday, as turrets now use a different code. I have also set the turret speed to 54 seconds.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6