Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Commercial Application  (Read 8174 times)

Draglide12

Commercial Application
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:37:18 pm »

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but this engine could have huge potential commercial applications in as much as companies (I'm thinking mostly shipping) could create and test new routes/efficiency in the engine before making any changes to their real world programs at huge expense. It might be worth contacting some companies once the engine is more developed as this could be a huge market. It might also be of interest to companies such as SpaceX or Lockheed Martin to test ballistics/projectiles over massive distances.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Commercial Application
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:05:11 am »

A couple of companies approached us already about using the engine for a large scale simulation, so there's definitely some development going on in this direction. However, it's usable mainly when you also need to see and interact with the simulation; route planning can be done on maps instead, more conveniently without the need for a 3D engine.

CaptJack92a

Re: Commercial Application
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 05:35:09 pm »

Sorry for the bump, but secretly I'm not sorry....

So long as the engine will remain/be available for those of us who have been around since these presently "Early" days and indie developers who want to also make some pretty amazing games.