Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Tatra T813 Kolos  (Read 15167 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Tatra T813 Kolos
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:34:46 am »

The old Tatra T813 model from earlier times:

Download the otx file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2spgr2B2dvNZTVHeWdSTlNVdG8/edit?usp=sharing

ddenn

Re: Tatra T813 Kolos
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:13:07 am »

Very good installation system, and the model too :)
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:01:30 am »

Kind of odd how the system says..

ADDON XXXXX INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.

(__YES__) (__NO__) ???

A single (__OK__) is expected.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05:57 am »

It's a bug, it asks whether it should run OT or not, but the question somehow got lost.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:40 am »

Oh I know what happened - I remember adding it, but it was before my SSD bricked and I forgot to re-add that piece of code when reimplementing the lost code.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:10 am »

I am sure it is actually all angrypig's fault.

Is there going to be a way to install multiple files at once? (Select, right click and an INSTALL option?) Also does an install work while the game is running?

My only concern is finding something you install when it is buried in an obscure user-name folder and then the vehicle name. I understand wanting to keep all items by an author together and give credit but perhaps a pre-fix for VEH- AIR- BOAT-? STA- WEP- for all models and then the author could post-fix "VEH-t813(chyshney)". That might require a load of attention from the uploader to format but with 200+mods anticipated make it much easier to find things.

Lastly now that I do have over a dozen mods the scroll down list in-game is getting a tad annoying. A tiled interface across more of the screen AND the addition to punch in a vehicle code might be needed.. Example.. Press F3.. type "332" and that vehicle spawns. No mouse required. Not sure how you would assign the numbers to each vehcile as I would hope for consistency across the platform so 421 is a jeep on my setup the same as anyone else's.

Just thoughts and ramblings. Also amazed you secured a 3 letter extension. I guess http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/otx that isn't too popular a program. Also you should add it as an outerra opening file on these sites. http://dotwhat.net/otx/4130
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:55 am »

I am sure it is actually all angrypig's fault.
He admits to kicking my computer while I'm not here. Me needs a pigproof one.

Is there going to be a way to install multiple files at once? (Select, right click and an INSTALL option?) Also does an install work while the game is running?
Not sure how Windows handles it, but if it simply invokes outerra.exe with multiple files then it should work as is. It spawns a new outerra.exe process that just unpacks the files, so it can run while the game is running, but I think Apig doesn't scan the packages at run time, only at the start.

My only concern is finding something you install when it is buried in an obscure user-name folder and then the vehicle name. I understand wanting to keep all items by an author together and give credit but perhaps a pre-fix for VEH- AIR- BOAT-? STA- WEP- for all models and then the author could post-fix "VEH-t813(chyshney)". That might require a load of attention from the uploader to format but with 200+mods anticipated make it much easier to find things.
Vehicle class can be inferred from the objdef file, so the packager can attach some additional info to the file name. Author is there to ensure unique file names, once this all goes to the server.

Lastly now that I do have over a dozen mods the scroll down list in-game is getting a tad annoying. A tiled interface across more of the screen AND the addition to punch in a vehicle code might be needed.. Example.. Press F3.. type "332" and that vehicle spawns. No mouse required. Not sure how you would assign the numbers to each vehcile as I would hope for consistency across the platform so 421 is a jeep on my setup the same as anyone else's.
Yea that was always just a temporary stuff, until there was a reason to do a better system. I guess we'll need a UI programmer soon.

mLichy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:15:11 am »

Oh, I need to download this now :)

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 07:15:38 am »

I'm vely solly for my odd question, but I can't find any folder to but the .otx file in.  :-[
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:18:00 am by Sam »
Resident of Outerra

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 07:40:43 am »

Just click on it, Windows will ask if you want to open it with Anteworld. Do so, it will be installed automatically.

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 12:20:04 pm »

Just click on it, Windows will ask if you want to open it with Anteworld. Do so, it will be installed automatically.
Hell, so esay.  ::)
Thank you Brano.  :)
Resident of Outerra

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 01:35:20 pm »

Can I ask that you keep the
ADDON XXXXX INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.

(__YES__) (__NO__)
in Outerra? I know I would smile every time I saw that, especially if the No button did the same as the Yes button.
Does the old Tatra model work in the Demo? If it does, do I get to keep the person in the driver's seat?