Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Will there be a spacecraft?  (Read 16938 times)

Vincent1000

Will there be a spacecraft?
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:53:52 pm »

Hi, guys

I really like the mig-29 airplane! Will there be any spacecraft in outerra? Thanks!

Cheers,
       Vincent
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:56:11 am by cameni »

mctash

Re: Mig-29
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:18:51 pm »

Like a shuttle or like interstellar craft?

Vincent1000

Re: Mig-29
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:41:22 pm »

Hi, mctash!

Yes, the spacecraft such as the space shuttle, interplanetary spacecraft and interstellar spacecraft. Thanks!

GHAO

• Thinking
Re: Will there be a spacecraft?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:27 pm »

Almost certainly. There's a few physics-engine things to sort out, but there's people working on it. No doubt when the aircraft modders get rolling seriously we'll get every kind of aircraft. Just check out any FSX-freeware sites - they have all sorts of Star-Trek stuff, space shuttles, the lot.
Although beware - Earth to Mars will take you 400-something days at realistic speeds... so you may need a fantasy mod that does warp speeds :)

Vincent1000

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 03:07:58 pm »

Hi, GHAO!

What category the space craft will be in, would it be in the air category like the airplanes and the helicopter, right or will there be a new category called space for space craft? Thanks!

Cheers,
        Vincent
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:13:27 pm by Vincent1000 »

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 04:23:09 pm »

I hope it would be user-friendly and be in separate 'fantasy spacecraft' and 'real-life spacecraft' categories. I also hope that helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft are kept separate. I'm not sure how detailed the groups would become, because after that you've got civilian and military, piston- and turbo-prop-engined, jets, and gliders. I guess that the final ordering (assuming the coding is trivial) would be decided by dedicated users like you and me (my home is FSX originally), although spacecraft may well be dealt with as a third-party add-on and so may not be influence-able by the likes of the end user.

What computer programs spark/have sparked your interest in space travel? Or are you pleasantly retro and just read books and want to simulate spacecraft yourself (like me with planes, books definitely got me into FSX)?

Vincent1000

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »

Hi, GHAO!

What sparked my interest in space travel is I've played a lot of space games like the space shuttle: a journey into space for ATari 2600 back in 1985, I've played microsoft space simulator back in 1995, I'm now currently playing the orbiter-a free space flight simulator, and of course I'm using space engine which is not a full game yet. Thanks!

Cheers,
       Vincent

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »

Oh, goes back a while. That can be good, you must certainly know what you want in a product! I'd be curious how close our wishes are, and whether or not space and flight simulation could be lumped together. Although since space flight has to model leaving the atmosphere (and the effects extreme heat and speed and altitude have on aircraft), so I would guess it'd be easier to make a space sim and add aircraft onto that rather than the other way round.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 04:55:30 pm »

Oh, goes back a while. That can be good, you must certainly know what you want in a product! I'd be curious how close our wishes are, and whether or not space and flight simulation could be lumped together. Although since space flight has to model leaving the atmosphere (and the effects extreme heat and speed and altitude have on aircraft), so I would guess it'd be easier to make a space sim and add aircraft onto that rather than the other way round.

..there was a guy doing this kind of stuff on his own somewhere at the forum (http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=609.msg19299#msg19299) ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Concussion

• What i do incorrectly this time?
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:46 am »

I did this awhile back....

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 03:20:09 pm »

I did this awhile back....

Not big enough...sorry.  ;D ;)

There are some huge models for Space Engine...Some Mass effect ships and stuff like that...not sure if they can be ported to Outerra though.

Concussion

• What i do incorrectly this time?
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 04:04:13 pm »

Well i didnt scale them properly....

But yeah...they arent the size of the citadel by anymeans, but much much larger than normandy. And even at that the basestar is much larger than galactica.

And these ships dont even have an interior...if i was to go to that level of detail the game would lag out due to the amount of polys it would require.

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 04:11:18 pm »

I know Pyton, I'm following that thread very closely! And good models Concussion - do you have any screenshots closer up? They looks very tight from up there, but I'd be uber impressed if they were high-definition up close as well :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 12:41:38 am »

I would question the capability of a human being bored so much, to make this little thingy room by room :  ;D

Still, for re-entrance would be a smaller one best suited - im sticking to the russian pilots killer Buran :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ShauntWilliams

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »

Mig29 UFO flyby (oculus rift!)

I Just Managed to get my Alien mothership in the engine, Awesome ! time for some of my others next week.  I have lots of futuristic vehicles i would like to get in but could do with some help on the programming side.  Time is the biggest issue for me.

http://www.shauntwilliams.com
Pages: [1] 2