Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Instrument Landing System (ILS)  (Read 9307 times)

Vincent1000

Instrument Landing System (ILS)
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:27:40 am »

Hi, guys!

I used the search feature of this forum, but I cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I got a feature request for outerra: is the Instrument Landing System (ILS) to make landing easier. Thanks!

Cheers,
        Vincent

Sam

• nearby
Re: Instrument Landing System (ILS)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:26:04 am »

Don't feet the trolls.... ::)
Resident of Outerra

mctash

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:09:23 pm »

Not sure its a troll but either way I would think there is a lot of infrastructure that must be implemented before ILS becomes an option. NavAids/GPS etc etc. I would also expect it to be included as part of a dedicated flight simulator based on Outerra rather than something that will be in Anteworld (although i might be wrong).

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:03:41 pm »

Don't feet the trolls.... ::)

They're getting smarter/dumber...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:10 am »

Vincent, outerra is not finish at this state. You cannot expect a finished flight simulator yet.

Pyroman31FF

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 06:43:18 am »

While we are at it, i yet wasn't able to activate my radar on the Mig, therefore rendering the R27 useless. Also i couldn't activate the EOS or the missileintern seeker for the R73, will this be in the next release? Also i would like to see a F16 as proper adversary for the Mig. Could imagine some nice fights in this landscape:

What i also noticed is that the airbrakes are deployed tied to the flaps, which is not possible at all. In order to prevent the Mig from stalling during slow approaches the designers choose to allow airbreake or flapdeployment exclusive, meaning you either can lower flaps OR open the speadbreake.
I expect this issue to be fixed in the next version, all together with the release of ILS landingsystems and maybe tacan navigational possibilitys.

Naahh, just kidding, i know what outerra is, what purpose it is made for and what the Mig is for. But i just couldn't resist :P
Btw, the Mig looks grat, pretty model which probably is the best out there right now, as the FC Mig is already between 3 or 5 years old an the BMS Mig is... Falconlegacy :P Great job.

Vincent1000

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »

Hi, necro!

I know outerra is not finished yet. It sounds like the outerra flight simulator is not going to be finished in about 2 more years.

Cheers,
       Vincent

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:19:14 pm »

Yes, we're all in it for the long haul. You can be certain that everything will be included, and if we have ILS, we'll probably have already simulated radio transmissions, and not just sticking gimmicks on a text-based chat system, so it will be... ultra-real.
And Pyroman, that's the sort of post that will dominate these forums in three years :P But without them, nothing will get done as the customer wants!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 05:08:57 pm »

Yes, we're all in it for the long haul. You can be certain that everything will be included, and if we have ILS, we'll probably have already simulated radio transmissions, and not just sticking gimmicks on a text-based chat system, so it will be... ultra-real.
And Pyroman, that's the sort of post that will dominate these forums in three years :P But without them, nothing will get done as the customer wants!

... the speech recognizer technologies nowadays are nicely developing, maybe when the OT gets some nice serious Air-Sim work going on, that could be implemented ... just saying it to the microphone ! That would be just awesome.  .... Pyroman sure got to it - Zhuk´s dopler-radar at this stage of development  ;D  ... that guy should actually get a medal for making it so soon and well.  (and if you follow the post - thanks for the SVK AF scheme - sure done good, specially after hearing, that our folks will keep those nice machines after all)  ;)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pyroman31FF

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »

We gave ours to the polish AF who now runs MiG29 and F16s likewise, therefore is in a somewhat of unique position to let them compete against each other. The fuselages were in a bad shape though because german pilots didn't flew their MiGs by the book and stressed the planes often.

But the replacement is called Typhoon, so there's no need to really be saddend by giving away the MiGs ;)

PytonPago

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 04:44:57 am »

We gave ours to the polish AF who now runs MiG29 and F16s likewise, therefore is in a somewhat of unique position to let them compete against each other. The fuselages were in a bad shape though because german pilots didn't flew their MiGs by the book and stressed the planes often.

But the replacement is called Typhoon, so there's no need to really be saddend by giving away the MiGs ;)

Im not much a fan of Typhoons - SVK just has a really bad economic shape and a critical one at the defense ministry. After a number of purposely uneconomic modernizations of the migs, mils and buys of not much compatible systems (our MOKKYS problem as one of them - its functioning, doe our ground-forces have soviet style electronics, so not much interaction possibilities - communications go well, doe all the hi-tech functions of the system are useless for us, would be probably better to put those money on our own design-bureaus - and yes a totally imobile-mobile system, as there is no transport vehicle posibility  :-\) - so we left ourselves no other chance than modernizing just and only to NATO standards now (i personally dislike that, as they doesnt do thing much more well ether, not much flexible in future shaping of geopolitics, that may come). And the need to change 80 % of all tech. in 8-10 years as they already run on extended warranty. Maybe we should better stick to our Mi-24s (we let them scrap some time ago), let russians modernize them to Mi-35 standard (has the NATO standard eletronics) and just make a CZ-PL-SVK-HU joint Mig air defense (they really are too capable for our small country to run on our own, maybe hawing a squadron of the Yak-130 analog - just small, economic and very agile and capable trainer whyte actual A-A and A-G fighting capability would be a good thing to do). At the end, we are a close bunch of nations whyte some bound history (that is outside the political debates and interactions  ;D).  .... as for the ILS systems, yes, it is a little to soon for that, doe making suggestions can make the end result of the future much neater. So pointing and figuring out the necessaries and confronting Cameni and co. time to time by those to be well applicable to OT  in the future is not a bad way at all.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pyroman31FF

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 06:01:35 am »

Don't forget about the fact that the EF is still in devlopement, more precisely it's systems are. It's still a long way to go until the desired multi or swingrolecapability will be achieved. But the primary task right now is QRA, aerial combat. And allthough the radar may be not at it's final stage (i think most of them still have no aesa) it performs very well in this role. (in simulated combats at alaska flag they managed to shoot down some raptors :D)

I must admit that i don't much about the slovakian airforce and the current shape of it's migs but the purpose of modernizing the planes to natostandards is not that bad because it allows interaction with other flights regardless if they are migs or falcons or others, as long as they are also nato certified. We don't know if a new war will break out or what the coalitions will be then but it is highly expectable that the whole europe (yes even the british :D) will be on the same side of the curtain and therefore should interact with each other as smooth as possible.

I see where you come from if you say that you would like to see a focus on the Hinds but that would neglect a mainpurpose of an airforce and thats Airpolicing. So you need a plane which can get asap to an unidentified contact, vis ID it and force it to land/ engage it. A Fulcrum is quite a good plane for that task, i mean it was designed exactly for this role :D
I don't know if it would be really much cheaper if you would let czech or polish fighters stay at your bases and assign this task to them.
Again, i don't know much about your airforce or your financial status quo. (but i'm quite interested, so tell me what you know ;) )

PytonPago

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:53 am »

Don't forget about the fact that the EF is still in devlopement, more precisely it's systems are. It's still a long way to go until the desired multi or swingrolecapability will be achieved. But the primary task right now is QRA, aerial combat. And allthough the radar may be not at it's final stage (i think most of them still have no aesa) it performs very well in this role. (in simulated combats at alaska flag they managed to shoot down some raptors :D)

I must admit that i don't much about the slovakian airforce and the current shape of it's migs but the purpose of modernizing the planes to natostandards is not that bad because it allows interaction with other flights regardless if they are migs or falcons or others, as long as they are also nato certified. We don't know if a new war will break out or what the coalitions will be then but it is highly expectable that the whole europe (yes even the british :D) will be on the same side of the curtain and therefore should interact with each other as smooth as possible.

I see where you come from if you say that you would like to see a focus on the Hinds but that would neglect a mainpurpose of an airforce and thats Airpolicing. So you need a plane which can get asap to an unidentified contact, vis ID it and force it to land/ engage it. A Fulcrum is quite a good plane for that task, i mean it was designed exactly for this role :D
I don't know if it would be really much cheaper if you would let czech or polish fighters stay at your bases and assign this task to them.
Again, i don't know much about your airforce or your financial status quo. (but i'm quite interested, so tell me what you know ;) )

... OH SO .... no, the mils was for real ground-support use thought (better effectiveness when fighting in our country-relief), while the migs would go to the joint air defense (so there wouldnt be 100 planes in all our joint-countries, but around 20 and really duty-able and cost effective) : P .... as the modernization NATO standard - i meant the fact, that the concrete ways of sending information between units isnt much orderly. So as for the US or RF is the need to just clics few buttons in the mig to say the ground units what kind and where some enemy is (sent right trough Isys. - max 2 transfer-points) we would have to say first our command, than to the main HQ, than to allied HQ and they would send this to theyr units ... cause the electronics still have some special signal inf. characteristics for some counties (former soviet ones that is). That would need a complete unification in Inf. gear between US-GB-FR-GER and then enforced upon all members .. that will come, but has some steps and economic crisis to overcome ... in short, yes, we have the MOKKYS to do it the few clicks way as it should be for a 21st century world, but the old vehicles are not capable - and it takes a lot of time to change them/buy new ones - firmly my sight of that happening is around 2030-2040 in SVK. If economics get better at all in Europe. :-\

... as for the geopolitics, i dont like to say that, but the political sphere doings doesn't have to mean our people like much what NATO does (that is whyte our passive aproval - and so we are taken as responsible for it de-facto too), and as the fact, that we have no expert leaders nor any real policy in it - not to mention the pitifullnes of our word in the maters, i would not take us as pure and eternal friends. (dont mean civil. populations, we have really no reason to be foes, specially in drinking-habit terms whyte GB, so RF ;D). Lets just say, that we are, as many post-soviet republics in a state of total disinformation and real dis-belief of our politicians doings. So if something changes in the REAL democratic way, it may turn us out quitting EU and NATO for some principal issues (mainly UN/OSN non-permitted war playing around the world of some of NATOs main members // idiotic terms of specific trade and standards agreements in EU - wich are really destroying some of our home econ. sectors -- that points N. Fraage too, but not much specific that is). Long story tho .. better to discuss that at PMs and not walls.

As for the Mils - i am a fan of 24s and Su-25s, so its a heart thing too. :D Yes, russians still have the radar for Su-34/35 and PakFa  not ready, there are some complications in theyr microelectronics to do - mainly because theyr mil.-standards (should be fixed by max. two hammer hits  ;D and run on all flammable stuff for fuel as the T-90s  :D)  So i dont see the real capabilities even of nowadays RF radars to be public, nor in Mil-Sims before 2030.  :P But that is fine, cause till then OT will be finally out and the community will do a great job for models, world-building and systems-scripting.  8) We really need to prolong the human life a lot, i wont to live to see it come !!  ;D