Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 10166 times)

CMBH

Weather
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:48:06 pm »

Sorry for my english I'm French.

Why not integrate(join) a weather realistic  with snowfall rain,thunderstorm ...

And a possibility to walk on the world where you want with the weather and time you want.

Thank

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »

Hi,

A weather engine (or an integration with an existing one) is certainly planned, but it's one of the later tasks in queue.

CaptJack92a

Re: Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

I was about to make this same kind of post but decided to bump instead of making yet another.

Snow/Rain falling particles [or large floating material plane for optimization]. Now that clouds is coming in a future update, I can see nothing but a happy skies for all of us who enjoy the immerse perspective of natural events such as traveling storms, climate differences [Snowy on mountains, sunny on beach, snowy on Northern coast, rainy in Oregon as usual].

Some refining details on the idea:

*Traveling storms [Weather travels, clouds vary depending on the day/season, etc]
*Snowfall/rain density variations. [Sometimes the mountains only let you see so far through their clouds]
*Sound effects. [OF COURSE...]
*Lightning, tornadoes, wind. [Planes are harder to fly, lightning is an actual object that spawns, flashes, damages things around it's base]

Detailing on lightning: Rather than creating a crater/hole where it would strike, possibly a burn mark/black material on the grass instead.

*Varying weather per planet.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:28:17 am »

Well ... for multiple fantasy atmosphere planets, maybe the topographic could be a factor in the weather scheme (at least wind and main tornado formation and directions patterns). But i would clearly like to see some kind od online weather data getting the clouds move on the Earth.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.