Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Object instantiation distance?  (Read 2608 times)

zzz

Object instantiation distance?
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:55:12 pm »

When re-visiting an area that I've placed some static objects, they don't actually spawn until I'm a few km away. For some celestial objects I can never get close enough even though I saved a location next to its origin point and they're impossible to find by chance. Gets a little annoying having to zoom all over the place until everything is visible again. Is there a way to force all objects to load?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Object instantiation distance?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 02:07:51 am »

Static objects are anchored to the ground and appear when the appropriate terrain level appears. That appearance depends on the terrain quality. Right now they are all attached to one terrain level that's not suitable for very large objects.

Celestial objects cannot be considered either static or anchored, and even though it currently allows you to place them as such initially, it won't work as expected for celestial objects, obviously.

zzz

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 07:35:14 pm »

I've recently moved to a new computer and accidentally deleted my old campos folder. Is there a way to get a rough idea where the models are or trigger their spawn by messing with the LOD settings? I'm pretty sure they're in England and some of the models are visible from space. Would save me having to import and place hundreds of models.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 02:01:33 am »

If you made some screenshots there (and preserved them), you can take the screenshot and drag&drop it on outerra.exe, or run the exe with path to the screenshot as an argument on command line. OT will read GPS info from there and reopen the location.

zzz

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 03:46:32 am »

Wow, that's awesome.