Outerra Engine > News

IITSEC, ISS and DDG-96

<< < (10/10)

cameni:

--- Quote from: Tim ---For "Serious Gaming" it is better to move as much "intelligence" as possible out of the image generating software into an external host. Even better: use a standard. Check out the Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI) from Boeing (http://cigi.sourceforge.net/)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I've looked at it briefly, seems to be fairly easy to implement.

I'm wondering what other such standards exists and what representation on the market they have got. We will be probably implementing some such interface soon as there are some customers and academic projects that would like to use Outerra as an image generator already. Obviously we'd like to pick one standard that would cover most of them in the future.

Does something equivalent to Simconnect exist as an open standard?

tknudsen:
This is awsome, is there any way this could even be a flightsimulator once? If so, my dreams will be fullfilled.

ZeosPantera:

--- Quote from: tknudsen ---This is awsome, is there any way this could even be a flightsimulator once? If so, my dreams will be fullfilled.
--- End quote ---

Please, Please, Please read some of the posts in this forum before asking really simple answered years ago questions.. And welcome to the forums..

Bartolomeus:
That is stunning. The water environment looks really impressive. In the second video, the water looks natural and real. I like especially the white foam on the waves.

Im looking forward to the progress of the water environment! I think the Outerra engine is the best solution for a Martime Simulation. Because the engine is not restricted to small areas. Outerra looks much better than VStep's ShipSimulator (based on the Quest).

Best Regards
Marko

Seth:

--- Quote from: cshawnsmith ---Bleh, the internet hates me tonight.  Keeps eating my posts ...

And for my part, I'd love to see a circa 1600s-1800s sailing vessel ... perhaps the HMS Beagle :D  Or an old Viking ship.

Or hell, how about one of the $50 fishing boats you can buy at a local Walmart :p  Imagine how long it would take to travel the Atlantic in one of those hehe.

--- End quote ---

I would like to see this too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version