Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Xbox controller support?  (Read 3628 times)

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
Xbox controller support?
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:32:36 pm »

So I just tried using my wireless xbox controller but it doesnt seem to work at all. I found an old thread where it was said that they should be supported?

Never mind, I remapped the controls in the options XD

OK this is confusing, some controls are universal, others change depending on what vehicle you are in?

Does anyone have a good xbox controller config they can share? :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:57:48 pm by WormSlayer »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Xbox controller support?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 02:08:00 am »

We should probably include a preset for the controller, since there seem to be many people using it.

farmhouse24

Re: Xbox controller support?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 12:52:46 pm »

I have a wireless 360 controller, and I cannot get it to work.  It shows up in the Controls > Controllers section as "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows).  There appear to be default bindings for the vehicle controls, but in-game nothing happens when I move the sticks or use any of the buttons.

The controller works just as expected in every game I have installed that supports controllers.  I'm able to bind controller buttons/sticks, so it appears Anteworld is detecting it.  For example, by default the secondary movement fields in Controls > Movement are blank.  I can go in and click on the Move Forward secondary field and push up on the controller's left stick, and "Axis0-" appears.  But, when I go back in-game and push up on the stick, nothing happens.  I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit:  Sorry to dig up such an old thread instead of making a new one, I just thought it'd be more helpful to googlers who, like me, have this problem, since this is one of the first google results when you search "outerra 360 controller".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:56:49 pm by farmhouse24 »