Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Metrodome Roof Collapse  (Read 8226 times)

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Metrodome Roof Collapse
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:26:48 pm »

If any of you wonder just how bad Minnesota gets during the winter, now you know. :o
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

flightmaster

Metrodome Roof Collapse
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

yeah, I used to live there, but usually it isn't this bad, just a pile of snow builds up after a while...

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Metrodome Roof Collapse
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 03:41:29 pm »

Crazy video.

I took a business training trip to Minneapolis a couple of winters ago, after HP took over MacDermid Incorporated.  During a break, our trainer took us out to the surrounding area that had a pond partially frozen over.  She said they usually have hockey games during a lunch hour on the pond.  We walked down to it, and for the first time in my life I walked partially across frozen water (too damn scared to go more than a few feet ... even though the woman walked all around the shoreline like it was a sidewalk).

You NEVER see that in Texas :).  Worst winter here was an ice storm back in 1979, that almost literally ground the Dallas/Fort Worth area to a halt.  Compared to what the northeast gets, it was just a hiccup.

Hell, citizens in Texas panic when there's six inches of snow on the ground, and close schools.  I guess it's because everyone here knows Texas drivers don't know how to drive :D.  A Texas driver on ice ... wow, that's a sight to behold too :)
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)