Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Flight Sim needs  (Read 8553 times)

Woogey

Flight Sim needs
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:29:20 am »

I thought I would start a thread about what the minimum features we would need for a successful flight sim.  Of course with a minimum list type of question, we will have to accept the wish list as well.  Let's start with the mins though.  Things like Nav beacons, Radio communication, function implementation, gauges, indicators, Starting on moving objects, etc. 

Some pluggins (such as uhf/vhf radios) could potentially be shared by other sims, like a ship sim for example.  In this case, a well developed communication module could possibly become an Outerra standard kit?  To elaborate on this one particular example, I envision something like "TARS" for DCS A-10 and Teamspeak. 

How will radar be executed?  How will the visual weather engine, be tied to the  dynamics of the aircraft  (or boat/ vehicle for that matter)  How to implement variables such as sling loads, or fire bombing missions for example.   Just a few thoughts, to get the ball rolling, then we need to build it!            -Woogey

Sam

• nearby
Re: Flight Sim needs
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 05:23:53 am »

Jester  ::)
Resident of Outerra

Pyroman31FF

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:27:05 am »

A real basic would also weather be. And i'm not talking about clouds, this is eyecandy. I speak about surfsceaffecting winds or dynamic temperatures, airflow, pressure and friction. All these thibgs which affect the flightbehaviour of the plane. Icing for example would be achieved by this. Or hypoxia.

Things like navigational objects (like tarcandtations or ils beacons) would be created by the sim devs, not by the outerrateam.

I dont know the current state of the physics in outerra but gravity and collisions are also important. And i dont mean only crashes, also touchdown during landings or grabbin arrestorwires with a hook, connecting a refuelboom. Such things apply all some forces to your aircraft.
Lighting is also important. You can see lights or reflections of bare metall or glass several km far. If you fly over a city where some windows reflects the sun, you see such things. In outerra it is probably possible to add such an effect. (unlike most of the sims out there).

Also the sightrange must be tweaked, now the horizon is way to close to your point of view.
But it could be possible,i just messed some settings up, i will further digg into this and will wilß create a thread about it some day. Or maybe this would also be a task for the sim devs.

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:29:49 am »

I hope that when weather is implemented into the engine, it's suitable and complete enough to be used for every offshoot of the project - so the same weather system used for battles, flight sim, space exploration, etc.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:03:00 am »

Pyro, du sprichst mir aus der Seele, aber ich glaube dass du die OT Engine mit JSBSim Engine verwechselst, denn gerade die letzte hat mehr damit zu tun als die erste.In allem anderen stimme ich dir unwidersprochen zu.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 12:15:27 pm »

@Revolver: Outerra is using the JSBSim Engine. So it would be wrong to differ between them. JSBSim is a part of the outerra engine.

-----

@Revolver: Outerra nutzt die JSBSim Engine. Diesbezüglich ist es also falsch die beiden zu unterscheiden. JSBSim ist ein Teil IN der Outerra Engine.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »

@Revolver: Outerra is using the JSBSim Engine. So it would be wrong to differ between them. JSBSim is a part of the outerra engine.

-----

@Revolver: Outerra nutzt die JSBSim Engine. Diesbezüglich ist es also falsch die beiden zu unterscheiden. JSBSim ist ein Teil IN der Outerra Engine.

Necro, wir reden von einander vorbei.JSBSim ist ein Modul in OT und wird von
ganz andere Fa./Team entwickelt. ;)
p.s. sorry, mit nem english bin isch uff'n kriegsfuß ...   ;D :P
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 01:55:34 am »

Ya richtig. Nun lies dir mal meinen Post gut durch. Du hast gerade das Gleiche wie ich gesagt -.-

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 03:09:36 am »

Some communication problems ?  ;D ... well, if there will be a simple way to transfer or import JSBS flyers of other engines into OT, than it will be as good as it can be. Just the cockpit/plane models would be good to have at the mig. standard (doe i dont see why the textured-panel sights could not be implemented white time in some way too - than even civil liner simmers would be seen in OT maybe at a virtual online flight world - that would be something interesting) ... i would definitely like to see Nemeth-Design Mi-17/24s whyte hi-detailed remade models in OT then.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.