Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Approved Outerra Joysticks and Hardware  (Read 7304 times)

Robert

• Fear is the mind killer
Approved Outerra Joysticks and Hardware
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:14:34 pm »

I would like to generated a growing list of joysticks and hardware that work with Outerra.  Please submit your hardware and experience.

My joystick (MadCatz Cyborg F.L.Y 5) pretty much worked straight out of the box without any drivers or firmware needed. What makes it nice is that the handle detaches from the base which makes it very nice to travel with, it fits in my backpack and luggage quite nicely.  It also has a throttle and collective control separate that you can lock together.

I would like to report that the 

Joysticks

MadCatz Cyborg F.L.Y 5 http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v5stick.htm
is Outerra approved by Robert

Thrustmaster T-Flight http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/tflight-stick-x
is Outerra approved by ZeosPantera

Saitek x52pro http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.html
is Outerra approved by adriaan
"works perfectly even better than in fsx"

Gamepad (Joypad, Controlpad)

Dual Analog 3 http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/firestorm-dual-analog-3
is Outerra approved by Robert

Driving wheels and foot pedals

Logitech G27 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g27-racing-wheel
is Outerra approved with some exceptions.
ZeosPantera "I had my Logitech G27 hooked up for a while. Other than having to deal with only centering force and no FFB it worked as expected. If I didn't launch it through the logitech profiler the wheel would default to 180° rotation which was bad. I drive regularly at 900°. Also used the pedals for the rudder control on the heli and planes."

***Non Outerra Approved Hardware

Logitech G940 http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/5855?crid=411&osid=14&bit=32
notice by zaelu
"works Okeish... Force Feedback is not implemented afaik but... is useable. Not in Apache though... "
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:52:17 pm by Robert »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Approved Outerra Joysticks and Hardware
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »

I had my Logitech G27 hooked up for a while. Other than having to deal with only centering force and no FFB it worked as expected. If I didn't launch it through the logitech profiler the wheel would default to 180° rotation which was bad. I drive regularly at 900°. Also used the pedals for the rudder control on the heli and planes.

I also have my Thrustmaster T-Flight stick hooked up for flying around.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:33:46 pm by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Robert

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:48:03 pm »

Thanks for the information Zeos!  Hopefully we'll get more feedback from others soon.

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:46:30 pm »

I have Logitech G940 and works Okeish... Force Feedback is not implemented afaik but... is useable. Not in Apache though... :P

adriaan

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:43:48 pm »

Saitek x52 Pro works perfectly
even better than in fsx

Robert

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 01:54:42 pm »

Thanks zaelu and adriaan.  I added your provided hardware info.

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 01:21:49 am »

But now is an exaggeration that "G940 is not approved". It works just as any joystick, I suppose.

-G940 has force feedback... this is a feature added to the joystick that is not supported by Outerra yet and this makes the stick fall back to a "normal" one.... one without FFB

-Flying with Apache is virtually impossible with any stick... G940 has nothing in minus than X52... If Appache works correctly and is just at my end that is "bugged" it has nothing to do with the stick.

So... yeah... I could say to the people that have G940 that it will work just fine but I suggest either unplug the power cord so it will not be to stiff when flying or modify the forces in FFB setup of Logitech software or use these utilities to modify/modulate them http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1628706&postcount=43

As for Apache... prepare to be amused :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 02:48:24 am »

Have you tried Apache in the latest build?

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 06:09:03 am »

Have you tried Apache in the latest build?

No...   ;D . I will and report back.

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

OK. Here is my report:

1. I had to reinstall outerra (btw the only link for download that worked was the google drive one... not sure why) because the FPS was very poor and I tried to reset graphics but the game froze each time and closing the task didn't close the outerra process and a new outerra could be started over it and this can bring the system to a halt. Anyway... now is fixed. I deleted all and reinstalled.
2. The controls settings should be adjusted a bit when you have time of course. I set up all the controls how I like it and then while flying the game crashed to desktop (I have send a report). The controls were not saved...  :o ...so I had to do them again and leave the game and restart just to make sure the settings are saved in case of another CTD. A "save options" button would be nice.
3. The G940 works definatelly. Now works quite good ( :D ) but the calibration window is a bit cryptic not letting you actually know how the controls react. I don't know Cameni if you played DCS World/Ka50... in that simulation you can see your real and virtual control axis at work so you can see how the dead zones and linearity actually influences them and also by pressing a key command in mid flight a semitransparent window appears and you see the actual controls positions regarding their center of axis and max min travel. This way you can know for sure if the crazy behavior of the aircraft/helli is cause by you messing around or the controls being badly setup, poorly trimmed or simple they got hey wire.
4. Apache can fly now :) . I recorded a bit of one flight but translating it in a avi is a real pain for me as I really don't understand how that program is suppose to transform what the game saves in avi... I tried but it hanged or something once and I gave up. 

edit

5. PLEASE when you have time implement head tracking for Freetrack / Face track / Trackir or at leas at head movement controls for HATs on stick etc.

Here is the mini window I told you about. min 1:58 in case the link doesn't jump you there directly.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:33:04 am by zaelu »