Outerra Engine > Off Topic

The "Introduce Yourself" Thread

<< < (3/21) > >>

Chaoss:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera ---Actually Chaoss, the Outerra guys on more then one occasion have mentioned not having a texture artist. Plus you can't get more post apocalyptic then 5000+ years after man when all the ashes and charred earth has been torn away by time replaced with bunnies and blue skies. The kind of post apocalyptic place I can live with :P
--- End quote ---

Ahh you see the kind of apocalyptic i was thinking is the earth burned by a solar flare, I'd say about 100 years  -/+ in the future (with the apocalypse happening about 50 years -/+ in the past), with a ravaged landscape and mostly dead vegetation.

But the idea of being able to explore an earth mostly untouched by man sounds pretty awesome, especially if it includes caves, continents, seas etc. It would be awesome being able to build on an unpopulated earth for a multiplayer game

ZeosPantera:
as a compromise he could implement Detroit back onto the map in its current form and make sure the fallout has mutated the current animals to be hyper-bears and parasitic seagulls and such.

Chaoss:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera ---as a compromise he could implement Detroit back onto the map in its current form and make sure the fallout has mutated the current animals to be hyper-bears and parasitic seagulls and such.
--- End quote ---

lol theres far more places on earth far worse than detroit (I have been there once), try Bristol or Glasgow for example

Puffmac:

--- Quote from: Chaoss ---lol theres far more places on earth far worse than detroit (I have been there once), try Bristol or Glasgow for example
--- End quote ---

I'm Andrew and I'm 16 from Glasgow, Scotland. :P

I'm a 'serious flight simmer' and am also now actively training for my PPL. I've not got much in the way of games design but I am fluent in the languages of PHP and SQL, and have been known to script in languages such as Pawn and Lua for various games. Though I do also like any game that is fun or interesting. My hobbies are of coure: partying, oh and flying.  :D

Emil:
maybe i should have done this when i first joined about a week ago, but now i'm finally here!

My name is Emil And i was born back in may, 1994 and I'm from Anderstorp, Sweden.

Well i saw this in engine during the summer last year if i remember it right. and i have too say that i got really impressed by the physics on the tatra truck. So i started subscribing on the progressing and i've only become more and more impressed (especially when i noticed it was a global engine  :lol: ). and well.. by the vehicle physics i got to my mind of the perfect forestry simulator i've allways dreamt about... and allso if i'd be able to maybe come up with some good ideas like deformeble ground so if it's raining and some place is really muddy you could take the tatra truck for example and drive back and forth, and make lots and lots of deep tracks and maybe eventually the truck would get stuck, basicly just that if nothing that has with forestry to do would be in the game/engine when released i could maybe mod it in and also add reality with deformeble ground. and... well enough talk about that.. so later on when i found a link for the forums i singed up right away.

Glad to be on here now, cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version