Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 180817 times)

Zapa93

Re: The
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2013, 09:17:41 am »

Hello fellow Outerr(i)ans,

I'm a 20 year old guy from Sweden that happened to stumple upon this project recently thanks to a post on Reddit(I'm guessing a few of the new members noticed this thanks to the Reddit post too :) ). The minute I read about it, I had to try it out. And after 10 minutes of fooling around, I had to pay for the thing! I'm not one to pay for games that much, but the money was more than just to aquire a game, it was to support this project and help it get bigger.

Unlike a lot of you guys, I have no clue on how to script/other mumbo jumbo so I solely expect you guys to work some wonders here ;) My hopes for Outerra is that it can leave more than one offspring, as in not only focus into one specific application(I highly doubt that'll happen). The one thing I want out of it the most has to be a fully generated Earth, with cities and other lesser details that are crucial(think more accurate shores).

Here's for hoping the community flourishes into something wonderful that you can later say you were a part of, something that everyone can contribute to to get this project to it maximum potential.

Zapa93

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
Re: The \
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2013, 02:59:11 pm »

welcome aboard!
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2013, 12:51:02 pm »

Hello everyone! My name is John and I`m from Greece. I have been on the forum for quite some time, so let me introduce myself. I`m 16, trying to get a career in civil aviation. I am a Simulator enthusiast (FS,Euro Truck, Farming Sim, Trainz and on and on!...) and I`m constantly looking for improvements in the core of such simulators. I`m pretty good with Sketchup and I can handle some Photoshop. I`m also trying to learn Blender. (Its freaking HARD!!!)

Things I cant wait for is the introduction of railway vehicles in Outerra.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Honcho

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:55 pm »

Hello everybody!

I'm 33 years old, married and father of a 15 month old girl. I've been working as a special needs teacher for nearly 10 years now, but I will quit working at school this summer.
My favorite games (besides Anteworld/Outerra) are SimCity4, Mafia (the original one) and 18Wheels of steel. My other hobbies are building car and truck models (24th/25th scale) and ship models (RC). My preferred sports are Canoeing and Geocaching.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »

Welcome everyone! Glad to have more people join!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2014, 01:25:14 am »

Hey everybody.

My name is Paul Moffat, im 33 years old and from Tauranga, New Zealand.

I stumbled across Outerra by fluke on the internet whilst just browsing around, not sure how I managed to avoid not knowing about it for so long as I am an avid fan of simulators especially flight based simulators. Like Falcon 4, Lomac, IL-2, MSFS, X-Plane and even Orbiter (space simulator) just to name a few.
I also a fan of the upcoming and in development game Star Citizen/Squadron 44 - I really hope it lives up to the hype.

I'm pretty keen in aviation, and would like to finish my PPL sometime when I can afford it. Currently working for a company called Placemakers, in their frame and truss manufacting plant - building walls and roof trusses for houses and commercial buildings.

I'm also extremely interested in computers, have been programming with them since I was about 8 years old. I'm no expert though as my experience is spread over the years with a lot of time in between. I lost major interest with it for a while when a harddrive crash killed all my projects, programs, reference materials and lots of other files. I have programmed in Basic, Pascal, C, C++, Java and even Assembly. I like programming games such as Robocode and Redcode [corewar]).

I've got a bit of website development experience. A whilst back I was trying to build a website using HTML and CSS (another casualty of lost files). I even tried a bit of ASP but eventually got into PHP - felt less monopolistic (Microsoft). Lately though I've just adopted a CMS system. I tried Joomla and Drupal but found Wordpress to just be easier and more compatible with the server (their security settings) hosting my site.

I am also into 3D design which is ironic because I couldn't draw to save my life. I've played around with many game editors and found developing game environments and buildings to be quite entertaining. Such as DCK (dos)/Doom Builder (win) for Doom/Doom 2/Heretic, Duke Nukem 3D Level Editor, Half-Life Editor, UnrealEd, Crysis Editor (sandbox). That experience led me to try out actual 3D modelling programs where I trialed 3DS Max 6 and Maya PLE initially.

I eventually found Blender. Despite its weird interface (earlier versions) the modelling aspect, key configuration or something - it really clicked with me I dont know how or why. Alot of people seem to have trouble with Blender. I was the opposite. Don't know if its because im left-handed, naturally backwards or what,  but it feels alot more natural then 3DS Max which just feels wrong now (I tried it again recently - it felt like I was trying to write with my other hand). Whatever works I guess and being free I really benefit from that :)

I am not overly experienced in 3D Modelling but I do have several years of on/off experience (like all my computer experience). My texturing experience though is VERY NEW. I tend to design things and avoid the texturing part. I do hope to contribute toward Outerra though in the way of 3D modelling so I am currently making an active effort to further my skills in Blender so I am capable of meeting the design quality which an engine such as Outerra naturally aspires for.

I thank you for reading my post, and will see you around the forums :)

Paul.
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

bmandudeman

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2016, 03:09:01 am »

Hello! I am going to start off with a bit about myself (Duh)

I live in Utah in the USA. I am a Male. I am 15 and am just going into high school. I have been with a computer from the age of 6 to 8. Ever since then I was obsessed with the idea of a perfect game in which you could go around a life sized Earth and do multiple tasks that you could do in real life. As I grew older I realized that such an idea was a tad bit absurd and would not be possible for a decade or two. Of course I found Outerra. I like the idea that the developers are designing it as a game engine, so then unlike other AAA companies that make great engines for their games, they never release them for public use. Today I know that Outerra is just using a bit of its potential, and I cannot wait to see what happens to the engine and maybe some games that will come out of it. Keep up the good work devs! I have some interest and skill in simple programming, game design, and I am more skilled in 3D modelling. Personality: Cynical, Pessimistic, Thinks that he is smarter than he really is, Weak, Neurotic, Has Anxiety and Depression disorders, etc. And yet, I just brush all that crap off and think that it is good for me. Anyway I hope that you enjoyed this Passive Aggressive post that is detailed in some places and not detailed in others.

Just a quick note is that I really do not go back a proofread so expect some continuity errors.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2016, 10:11:23 am »

Hy,

you dont have any mental disorders - its called puberty in the rest of the world and is normal for many peoples. Act normal and you will be treated as normal. So you said you are with computers at the age of 6 to 8. That means, that you just started with computer related topics. Have fun with them, maybe you are the skilled person of your dreams in 15 years ;)

RAZZOR

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2018, 12:54:42 am »

Hello thanks you for allowing me into this community.

Have been a long time Outerra fan thought to take the plunge and register and see where it takes me.

I have taken more and more interest in graphics engines and Outerra is out there with the likes of Unreal4 and others favs.

So here I am thanks again.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2018, 10:25:25 am »

Wellcome, Razzor!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Mats Abramson

• http://www.banbyggarna.se
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2018, 02:05:46 pm »

Hello, Mats from Sweden here. I have been in the train simming area since the first time with Microsoft train simulator back in 2001 and have created some DL:s for DTG:s TS20* during the years.

I have followed the Outerra project for long time with high interest and of course with specially interest for an eventually railway implementation.
I have on a Swedish train simulator forum since 2010 reported Outerra progress when something happends with the engine and/or railway related, the thread here:

http://www.e-buzz.se/forum/showthread.php?t=26303

Always pointing to the source thread here at Outerra.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2018, 02:12:25 pm »

Wellcome aboard, Mats!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Jagerbomber

« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2018, 02:17:13 pm »

That Himalayas and dirt road, Tatra, Cessna, and apache videos from 2010 are what got me here too, but I can't remember how I actually found them.

Ahh... pre-3D grass Outerra.  :)) :P That was a long time ago....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:20:20 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]