Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 180859 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: The "Introduce Yourself" Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:47 am »

Hi all !

Im new to the forum too, butt i have had an eye on the Outerra project for some time already. As for last two threads, I from Orava region (Slovak Republic) too - Dolný Kubín exactly and if you ewer get to this place of world, take a week free and go to the Roháče (Horns) moutains and Orava castle, witch i had the great opportunity to know better as a guide (so if there will be a project of making castles in outerra, just let know and i got your data on this one : )).

As for me, im an chemistry student of the STU FCHPT in Batislava, butt im interested in every peace of technology or novelty that can have some great potential .. as Outerra surely has. (One of my mind outcomes was an interface for the railroad-sector as i got to know about the glonas controll-system for the RF railroads and its capabilities. Just think abut it: you come to a station, get to a little panel and in real time and Outerra planet-imaging, take a look on the positions, time-lines, routes and statuses of trains ... the same for the traffic controllers of railroads from nation to world-wide scale allways in realtime thanks to GPS/GLONAS) Still im a little too much into the FLYYING and ARMY topics, so all-in simulators like DCS-KA50 in Outerra whyte all its full-click cockpit capabilities is my dream of life. So im definitely not going to leave you out off sight! Still my philosophy is helping in whatewer and howewer i can, whyle learning new stuff about whats on topic ... so im here.
   At the same time, im an GREAT fan of tourism and i like to see each hill and mountain in this project to its real-world one. As too my fascination about the deep-middleage of slavic world and its wide emptyness (as in terms of just small amount of people and settlements) that makes me fell somewhat excited. Would be nice to do an RPG of the "Elder scrolls" type about the slavic ages whyte all our ancestors gods and mythical creatures (like the winged guardian dog http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzSJS1TYx0WAaBShHh3Ua6UQ4v_seZuxz3KV3d7z049TRElOiyo-eio7UDsg, or wood-guardians from witch the "domowoi" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Domovoi_Bilibin.jpg comes from - our history has all we need for a fantasy world to create), in Outerra.
   At the end, newer stop to support inaginable and persistent perspective projects - you newer know, how much it can change the world of tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:11:03 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:29 am »

I from Orava region (Slovak Republic) too - Dolný Kubín exactly and if you ewer get to this place of world, take a week free and go to the Roháče (Horns) moutains and Orava castle, witch i had the great opportunity to know better as a guide (so if there will be a project of making castles in outerra, just let know and i got your data on this one : ))

Namestovo zdravi Dolny Kubin ;D

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 11:33:35 am »

Vrele a od srdca - Nápodobne ! :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

OldZeke

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »

Hello :)
I've been watching this developement for awhile now. The amazing vids available realy got me interested in the potential of this.

I'm a 57 yr old disabled coalminer. I live in southern West Virginia.
I've played flight games/sims since the mid 90s and between the playing and computer tweeking to keep playing it's likely helped keep me reasonably sane ;)

No programming exp, have did a few MSCFS/FS betas along with another software house (still under NDA).
Figgured I'd come out of the shadows and reg here but will not be posting alot, more of a sit back and watch things develope.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 01:33:04 pm »

Welcome here, and thanks for posting. It's always interesting to know something more about people following us here :)

herko

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »

Hey , 

I´ve read a threat over this amazing engine on pcGAMES.de !

i´m 19 and from Germany . those videos got me hooked making me interested in the future of this project .

Jagerbomber

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 03:13:03 pm »

Outerra was just featured on PC Gamer through Reddit and linked to through Kotaku as well.  Prepare for a huge wave of newcomers.  :P

Somebody embeded the Himalayas video in the Kotaku comments already, so that's good.  ;D

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/22/outerra-engine-renders-entire-planets/
http://kotaku.com/5862109/this-game-engine-wants-to-build-entire-planets
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:12:47 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

andyeder

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 12:34:27 pm »

Hello Outerra forum community,

I am Andy and I have been watching the development of Outerra for a while now. I would like to offer my congratulations to the developers on a job well done; the technology looks great as can be seen through the various screenshots and videos released into the public domain.

I live and work in South Wales (UK) and spent over 10 years working in the computer games industry as a 3D graphics programmer. I am still very much an avid gamer as I am interested in 3D graphics technology that drives many of them. I have spent the last 4 years working in a R&D role where I continue to work on visualisations and 3D work.

I have been fortunate enough to code in many different languages (from BASIC to C to various Assembly languages) but nowadays my work is primarily C++ based. I have experience of various graphics API's, shader technologies and graphics hardware and these still hold as much of an interest for me now as when I left university all those years ago.

Good luck with the ongoing story that is Outerra... I'll be watching it with interest!

Regards,
Andy

McCauley

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:33 pm »

Hi all, first post.

Great job on the engine. Apache video is impressive.

36 years old, from France. Job: webmaster (ecommerce only) and PHP/MySQL teacher. Mainly using Linux although I still have a win32 machine, just for games.
Been mapper since 98 for Half-Life, CS and DOD. Then created a HL mod with C++. I create models too, it was useful when HL2 came out. Been mapper for COD too (they lost me when they went down to modern stuff).
Been part of a development team with Aldo for a game called Panzer Elite by Teut.
Wrote professionnal applications for Flight Simulator X.
Wrote several 3D engines about helicopters, WWII tanks, and of course FPS, embedding interpreters for game logic and AI.

Now that you did put together the terrain, JSBSim and the AH-64, I just got to purchase it! More seriously I am interested in making a WWII tank sim.

Keep up the good work. I will wait.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:52:22 pm by McCauley »

Deathshot

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 05:50:41 pm »

Hello, It's my first port here.

I'm Philip, 19 years old from Sweden. Right now I'm studying IT towards Network Technician. Low programming skills, mostly the basics in many programming languages.
I play a lot of games, and lot of Simulators.

I am very curious about how much fun it would be to play with Outerra.
Looks like you have done a great job on Outerra.

Good Luck! And keep it up.

mctash

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 06:33:54 pm »

Goddamn that was quick Deathshot :) Only told you about this 5 mins ago.

Deathshot

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 06:35:18 pm »

Goddamn that was quick Deathshot :)
Well I had time to do it so I made it fast ;)

BlankCache

• Transporter
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2012, 03:59:27 am »

Hi all. I'm 40 and console gammer turned pc junky for about two years now and realy get into the open world stuff(arma , battlefield 3 , rigs of rods , farm sim , euro truck sim , etc). I drive a truck in the US for a living and like the freedom,guess thats why i like Outerra so much. Hope to see you all on release in some sort of multiplayer(hoping for coop), if its going to have that feature.

Regards,
     Eric

Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 01:19:42 pm »

You should probably check out FUEL, Blank.   ;D  (Preferably on PS3, but it's on PC (and 360) as well.  I've got a group of friends that still play it on PS3.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:23:34 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

alexmdv

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 03:09:36 pm »

Hi all!
I'm from Russia.
Long time I'm just reading this forum, but today I decided to register here.
I'm a fan of a flight simulators and seems to me - Outerra will be a new greatest engine for any kinds of simulators!

Regards,
Alexey
HP Z400 //Xeon W3550 3.06GHz, 6GB DDR3 ECC, Quadro FX5800 & GTX 570, W7x64//, HP ZR24 1920x1200
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7