Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Flugzeuge aus WK2  (Read 136586 times)

andfly

Re: Flugzeuge v. WK2
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2022, 08:10:57 am »

I also struggled with the same problem, before understanding (maybe) how it works, and maybe I can help you.

I think I understand that Outerra renders an object only if its center is included within the actual point of view.
If you approach a side part of a very large object and the center of the object is not in the frame ... the object disappears completely.
This is very useful in order not to overload the engine with unnecessary rendering processes if the object is not in the current frame (perhaps behind the observer) but annoying in the case of large objects to be explored in every small detail even far from its own. center.
In reality it is not considered the only central point but the "boundig box" of the central object.

Outerra's FBX importer has a limit: it cannot import objects with a number of vertices greater than a certain number (64K?)
In most cases, a model does not exceed this limit, it can be imported as a single object and does not suffer the disadvantage of the disappearance of its lateral parts because they are always included within its bounding-box.
If, on the other hand, the model is very complex it must be divided into single objects which, individually, do not exceed the vertex limit.
Usually all these objects are "parented" to the central object which constitutes the reference point of the model and assume its common center.
It can therefore happen that, if the central object has a small bounding-box, and this is not inside the frame, the lateral objects that have assumed the same center are not rendered.

The inconvenience can be easily remedied.
In the objects that can present this problem I define, as the main object, a cube or a parallelepiped or a sphere that completely contains all the connected objects (even those that could move with the animations and move away from the center).
All other objects are related to this cube which forms the core of the model.
Any exploration, even of the most external parts, will always contain a part of this cube and there will be no more rendering deficiencies.

However, this central "convenient" object must be made to disappear because it is not part of the model.
So I equip the object with its own material and, in the mtl file, I define it as completely transparent.

"color": "0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0",
"f0": "0.0",
"roughness": "1.0",

This is sufficient to carry out the various preliminary tests but still leaves a slight shadow that remains visible.
For a complete disappearance it is necessary to define, in the model script, the meches of the cube as "false" and only the model will remain visible.

As always there is a "downside" ...

If it is a model called "vehicle" this meches will become the collision meches of the object and could be exaggeratedly large and, in any case, not realistic.
Fortunately, in the case of an "aircraft" object, the collision points are defined in the JsbSim XML file and there are no problems.

In the objects that you see disappearing in your screen-shots, probably, even if they are single objects, the setting of a "center" other than their physical center of mass has remained, and the exclusion of this "center" from the shot makes them disappear ...

As I said at the beginning, all this reasoning derives from my very personal experimental deductions and could be totally denied by an authoritative indication of the developers ...

I hope, however, that I have been useful to you.

P.S. Just complimenting you on how you are building your model is absolutely an understatement !!!
It is, without a doubt, a WONDERFUL job !!!!!!!!  =D =D

P.P.S. I apologize for the post in English and not in German ...
I use Google Translator and I can "slightly" understand if an English translation is faithful enough to my original thought but I have no knowledge of the German language and I could not check if the translation is faithful ...   :-[
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:08:41 am by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2022, 02:19:44 pm »

I had not issues with disappearing meshes... I didn't modify the components in any way, aside of unwrapping them automatically. Probably reexporting to .fbx from Blender fixed something "magically"? Try to open the .fbx in Blender and exporting from there (no need to learn Blender, just the importing-exporting side)... Probably that may help.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2022, 07:10:59 pm »

I also struggled with the same problem, before understanding (maybe) how it works, and maybe I can help you.

I think I understand that Outerra renders an object only if its center is included within the actual point of view.
If you approach a side part of a very large object and the center of the object is not in the frame ... the object disappears completely.
This is very useful in order not to overload the engine with unnecessary rendering processes if the object is not in the current frame (perhaps behind the observer) but annoying in the case of large objects to be explored in every small detail even far from its own. center.
In reality it is not considered the only central point but the "boundig box" of the central object.

Outerra's FBX importer has a limit: it cannot import objects with a number of vertices greater than a certain number (64K?)
In most cases, a model does not exceed this limit, it can be imported as a single object and does not suffer the disadvantage of the disappearance of its lateral parts because they are always included within its bounding-box.
If, on the other hand, the model is very complex it must be divided into single objects which, individually, do not exceed the vertex limit.
Usually all these objects are "parented" to the central object which constitutes the reference point of the model and assume its common center.
It can therefore happen that, if the central object has a small bounding-box, and this is not inside the frame, the lateral objects that have assumed the same center are not rendered.

The inconvenience can be easily remedied.
In the objects that can present this problem I define, as the main object, a cube or a parallelepiped or a sphere that completely contains all the connected objects (even those that could move with the animations and move away from the center).
All other objects are related to this cube which forms the core of the model.
Any exploration, even of the most external parts, will always contain a part of this cube and there will be no more rendering deficiencies.

However, this central "convenient" object must be made to disappear because it is not part of the model.
So I equip the object with its own material and, in the mtl file, I define it as completely transparent.

"color": "0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0",
"f0": "0.0",
"roughness": "1.0",

This is sufficient to carry out the various preliminary tests but still leaves a slight shadow that remains visible.
For a complete disappearance it is necessary to define, in the model script, the meches of the cube as "false" and only the model will remain visible.

As always there is a "downside" ...

If it is a model called "vehicle" this meches will become the collision meches of the object and could be exaggeratedly large and, in any case, not realistic.
Fortunately, in the case of an "aircraft" object, the collision points are defined in the JsbSim XML file and there are no problems.

In the objects that you see disappearing in your screen-shots, probably, even if they are single objects, the setting of a "center" other than their physical center of mass has remained, and the exclusion of this "center" from the shot makes them disappear ...

As I said at the beginning, all this reasoning derives from my very personal experimental deductions and could be totally denied by an authoritative indication of the developers ...

I hope, however, that I have been useful to you.

P.S. Just complimenting you on how you are building your model is absolutely an understatement !!!
It is, without a doubt, a WONDERFUL job !!!!!!!!  =D =D

P.P.S. I apologize for the post in English and not in German ...
I use Google Translator and I can "slightly" understand if an English translation is faithful enough to my original thought but I have no knowledge of the German language and I could not check if the translation is faithful ...   :-[

Hello Andfly!

Sorry, I am a little busy. Exactly said have a lot on my mind right now, hence is later reply.

Thanks for your contribution. As a complete 3d model it doesn't cause me any problems, but as parts it does. Well, I'll keep working on it, because this project is already over its time and I have to finish it. Probably with the addition of Bone it will be fixed.... let's see.  ;)

Gruß,
Stefan 
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Revolver

« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2022, 07:14:04 pm »

I had not issues with disappearing meshes... I didn't modify the components in any way, aside of unwrapping them automatically. Probably reexporting to .fbx from Blender fixed something "magically"? Try to open the .fbx in Blender and exporting from there (no need to learn Blender, just the importing-exporting side)... Probably that may help.

As I said above, I'll finish mapping everything first. After that it must still be animated. After that we'll see what happens. Nevertheless, thank you for your help Amigo! ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

Revolver

« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2022, 09:10:41 am »

Hi Allerseits1

Ein paar screnns von den Motor...

es nur noch KG geblieben, dass texturiert werden muss... ;)

Bis bald...

Gruß,
Stefan

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2022, 02:29:32 pm »

cool !

Revolver

« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2022, 06:22:55 am »

Hi,

weist jemand wie man in 3D MAx den Schweißnaht macht?
Hab in YT kein Tutorial dazu gefunden.... :-[

Revolver

« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2022, 11:21:12 am »

Tach!

Kommandogerät und Einspritzpumpe sind fast fertig...
So sieht es zurzeit aus:

Gruß ;)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2022, 11:38:40 pm »

Details over the details! Nice!

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2022, 07:23:30 am »

Details over the details! Nice!

Thx mate! ;)

Revolver

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2022, 06:13:51 pm »

nAbend,

EKu-17 Waffengeber ist soweit fertiggg...

;)

Revolver

« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2022, 02:43:21 pm »

Hi Allerseits!

Also, der Motor ist soweit komplett fertigggggg! Modelliert und texturiert versteht sich, nÖ   ;)
war's ne schwere Geburt, aber man lebt man lernt... :)

...an dem wird's nichts mehr gemacht!

Weiter geht's mit Führerraum und Außenhaut, die letzte muss aber noch gemappt und texturiert werden sein.

Gruß,
Stefan

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2022, 10:54:01 am »

Revolver

« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2022, 10:42:30 am »

weiter geht's...
FBH-Filterbrandhahn v. DBU-Benzinuhr, Berlin....

....und tschÜSS!  ;)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2022, 11:04:50 am »

This will be best played in the role of an aircraft mechanic rather than a fighter pilot  :))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15