Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Your favorite scene from Outerra ...  (Read 16426 times)

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Your favorite scene from Outerra ...
« on: December 11, 2010, 03:13:11 pm »

So, what's your favorite scene so far from the released videos and screenshots? :)

I have two ... the Apache fly-over sequence (In the Apache video, starting at 1:35 and ending about 1:40), and the more recent beach scene.  The Apache fly-over is almost a classic example from a movie, and the background music just makes it that much more fun.

As for the beach scene, I'm a huge fan of the TV Series, Lost, so every time I watch the video I can almost imagine a plane wreckage on the beach, and John Locke looking around, grinning.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

razgriz 53992

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:46:13 pm »

Quote from: cshawnsmith
So, what's your favorite scene so far from the released videos and screenshots? :)

I have two ... the Apache fly-over sequence (In the Apache video, starting at 1:35 and ending about 1:40), and the more recent beach scene.  The Apache fly-over is almost a classic example from a movie, and the background music just makes it that much more fun.

As for the beach scene, I'm a huge fan of the TV Series, Lost, so every time I watch the video I can almost imagine a plane wreckage on the beach, and John Locke looking around, grinning.

I spend far too long on this forum :D

Definitely Lukla or the beach. Lukla is so cool, mainly because it is the only place we've really seen close up with buildings. And the beach just looks beautiful.

C. Shawn Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:31:26 pm »

lol ... the Outerra forums are set as my homepage, which is good in some ways but a pain in the arse in others.  Good, because I can instantly check for updated threads or new tidbits of info from Angrypig and Cameni ... bad because if I'm trying to do research or work, I inevitably end up spending an extra half-hour to an hour rewatching videos and marveling at the screenshots.  I just need to break down and create an Outerra video screensaver for my PC, and let it run 24/7 ... would keep my son happy (I think he's obsessed with the engine too ... he's always telling me: "Let's watch plane, Daddy!"

razgriz 53992

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »

lol ... the Outerra forums are set as my homepage, which is good in some ways but a pain in the arse in others.  Good, because I can instantly check for updated threads or new tidbits of info from Angrypig and Cameni ... bad because if I'm trying to do research or work, I inevitably end up spending an extra half-hour to an hour rewatching videos and marveling at the screenshots.  I just need to break down and create an Outerra video screensaver for my PC, and let it run 24/7 ... would keep my son happy (I think he's obsessed with the engine too ... he's always telling me: "Let's watch plane, Daddy!"

He'll be over the moon when the demo comes out by the sound of it.

Outerra demo would be the best Christmas present you'll ever get for free. Hell, it'll be the best Christmas present anyway. Can has before Christmas please???

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 06:06:50 pm »

Quote from: grabacr 31770
Can has before Christmas please???
Can't has, no ATI :|
OMG Christmas presents .. :O

C. Shawn Smith

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 06:33:35 pm »

off topic, I know, but you guys need to do something for Christmas for us all :).  Something unique, spectacular, and sure to make us all feel like kids again :D

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 08:15:15 pm »

Whoa, I'm not that dedicated.  I must make myself a more worthy believer!
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

C. Shawn Smith

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 08:56:34 pm »

LOL.  just shooting for a top billing in a beta test, providing I get my main computer up and running with a new graphics card that can handle the engine :D

Besides, being tied to a computer 24/7 for research purposes and writing leaves me in a position to check in more often than not :)  Gotta love being a writer :)

OGREMAN

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 07:48:56 pm »

Well, I tried to pick "my Fav" .... after re-watching all the vids then reviewing the screenshots .... 2hr later and I know I am wasting my time... its all so beautiful, its like asking me to say which breath of air was my favourite!!! I cant do it.
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.
\"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun;  The frumious Bandersnatch!\"

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 07:53:52 pm »

Quote from: OGREMAN
Well, I tried to pick "my Fav" .... after re-watching all the vids then reviewing the screenshots .... 2hr later and I know I am wasting my time... its all so beautiful, its like asking me to say which breath of air was my favourite!!! I cant do it.
You took the words out of my mouth.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

flightmaster

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 09:52:14 pm »

Quote from: grabacr 31770
Definitely Lukla or the beach. Lukla is so cool, mainly because it is the only place we've really seen close up with buildings. And the beach just looks beautiful.
Is Lukla the stop in the Himalayas trip?

razgriz 53992

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 12:58:56 pm »

Quote from: flightmaster
Is Lukla the stop in the Himalayas trip?

The airport, yes. Very unique place- it's something like the highest airport in the world, with a very short sloping runway (perfect for showcasing something something Outerra can do that flightsims like FSX could never)

I love airport and flying scenes- I would mainly use this game as a flightsim, probably a replacement to FSX, but I love the ability to control lots more vehicles. I've always wanted to play a multi sim where you can easily just go from plane to vehicle. So cool. I'd build a whole new airport, city and house too for MEEEE in the mountains of somewhere, it would be insane :D

C. Shawn Smith

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 03:00:12 pm »

I know it's just an optical illusion (artifacting I guess), but I thought this was pretty cool.  If you look closely at the top-most arrow, it looks like someone's been driving around on the beach (almost looks like tire tracks).  The middle arrow looks like an old campfire that was too close to shore when the tide rolled in.  And the bottom arrow ... looks a bit like a fancy smoking pipe, or maybe a piece of metal fell off a tatra :D

(since the forum downsizes the images a bit, I've added a link to the HD version.)

Yeah, I liked the Lukla footage too.  In fact, the Cessna is so iconic to Outerra, I think it should somehow be incorporated into the logo :).  And Lukla should be the default starting point for the demo ;)

Edding3000

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:10 pm »

its just illumination (lighting). but it's goooood!

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 07:30:13 pm »

Interesting observations cshawnsmith.  I never thought those details were included.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide