Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Version 0.7.16.3782  (Read 66871 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Re: Latest version 0.7.16.3782
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2013, 05:38:29 am »

Only bug report I have thus far is that my trees look flat and cardboardy :o

Good one!   ;D
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

SpaceFlight

« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2013, 10:16:51 am »

Only bug report I have thus far is that my trees look flat and cardboardy :o

Wouldn't it be awesome if Cameni and Angrypig had like 50-100 developers at their disposal, all knowing how to work with the early Outerra technology?
The 3D trees would be here in no time I guess  :D
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Krutan

• King Crab
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2013, 02:29:12 pm »

Will the next update be 0.7.17? Because it's been really quiet now for a couple of weeks :P

Jagerbomber

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2013, 11:32:59 pm »

Yeah, when switching roads with the road window still open, for the start/end points on the newly selected road, the elevation value in the window stays the same as the last point selected on the previous road.  Only seems to be the start/end points (and maybe the 1 point adjacent to those).  The elevation value doesn't become the correct value that was set for those points when they are selected.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:39:58 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Jagerbomber

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2013, 11:52:35 pm »

Is there anything that can be done to keep Outerra from crashing while having multiple Google services running? (In-game and out at the same time.  Usually maps.)  Other than, you know... closing them?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2013, 01:36:41 am »

As far as I can tell from the crash reports, it's a memory problem. The browser running maps tends to use too much memory, and since it's running within the OT process that already takes a fair share, it can run out of virtual memory space.

A x64 build would help, but there seems to be a problem with the browser as well - it should just close itself instead of throwing a fatal error.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2013, 02:13:03 am »

My W8 (64 bit, though I know Outerra isn't) says 8GB of virtual memory allocated...

Is whatever the problem is actually connected to using maps in Firefox as well?... or is it just the memory issue or something?  Or... is that just completely separate from using the in-game maps at the same time?  Doesn't seem separate to me because that's when it happens (as well as Google locking up in general).  When I'm using both.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:16:41 am by Jagerbomber »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2013, 02:48:54 am »

Virtual memory is allocated per-process. If you think it's connected to other processes, then it may be a problem of the non-paged memory usage. It's used by drivers to allocate memory for communication with the GPU and other devices. Non-paged memory is a limited resource, and more apps using it can cause problems.

You can try to turn off GPU acceleration in Firefox. Also, with recent versions of Firefox (22-23) and with a Nvidia card I have experienced the Windows freezing hard several times, requiring reset, so I think there's definitely a problem with the GPU acceleration in there.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2013, 11:55:48 am »

"Non-paged"... as in regular RAM or what?

I know I can't actually confirm that it's only with Google yet, but could it possibly a conflict/problem with Google servers/services (or something (API?)) locking up in this situation and not successfully sending me what I need to my one destination (computer) and multiple programs? idk... whatever.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:05:45 pm by Jagerbomber »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]