Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mass Effect - Normandy SSV & SR2  (Read 25531 times)

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
Mass Effect - Normandy SSV & SR2
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:24:10 pm »

Unsurt

• 1/T
Re: Mass Effect - Normandy SSV & SR2
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:39:00 pm »

Nice one

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:59 am »

Nice model!

Marko

Planets

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:44:37 am »

This is properly awesome! I'm in love with these models right now! I can't stop trying to pose them with other spacecraft, unfortunately that's damn difficult because outside of the atmosphere you can't slow your speed down so I had to keep lightly tapping wasd keys in the hopes that by sheer luck I'll get a good position, I didn't care though I had to show how beautiful they look-

Feels like it's inbound for fast Mako insertion

The best craft the Alliance has to offer alongside the Eve ship

SR-2 outlined by the sun

May I ask how you managed to export these models out of the game? Do you have any plans to add more like the Mako, Alliance/Asari/Turian warships, Mass Relays or even the Citadel itself?? That would be insane, if you could port the Citadel. Or if you could explain how you were able to export the models I could try to import them myself, though I have no experience with that but suddenly I'm desperate to see the Mass Relays or Citadel or at the very least the trusty Mako in Outerra.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:10:39 am »

Im not sure, if the citadel has anything but the small-scale far-cut-scenes model done.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:13:58 am »

Im not sure, if the citadel has anything but the small-scale far-cut-scenes model done.

You know I completely forgot about that, there is that one tiny scale model that you can buy and display in your captain's quarters, maybe that would be suffice, but then again if you scale it up it will look hideous texture wise, damn.

There probably isn't a full scale model of a Mass Relay either in game, double damn.

PytonPago

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:55 am »

You know I completely forgot about that, there is that one tiny scale model that you can buy and display in your captain's quarters, maybe that would be suffice, but then again if you scale it up it will look hideous texture wise, damn.

There probably isn't a full scale model of a Mass Relay either in game, double damn.

Whats the format of the model ? ... maybe, if it has the UV-layering there, you could extend the texture-size and do something about it anyway ... But its still nothing to go land the Normandy in. The insides could be fit like the Halo-cruisers doe. - I haven't used some procedural urban creator, but if one could do a tuned city-district at least in exterior form - there could be done a reasonable big model of the citadel anyway, whyle maybe hocking up the insides onto it so you could land the normandy and go take a walk too. But it would be a larger concept art model project there. But if sections of it would have different LODs too, it would be nice and maybe doable in its realistic scale. (i think it was something around the Spain-width ?)

You remember that Sovereign was bigger that the class you could fight on the ground in MEIII - and still was just big as the boarding-stick of the citadel.

Now seeing it again, it seems that some scales may be wrong in the vids - Normandy isnt as big when you roam the insides. :/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:01:48 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 08:26:33 am »

Nice pictures, Planets! :D

I didnt actually rip those models, I just downloaded them and imported to Outerra. Generally though I find "NinjaRipper" to be a most effective tool for getting models out of games :)

Planets

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »

Whats the format of the model ? ... maybe, if it has the UV-layering there, you could extend the texture-size and do something about it anyway ... But its still nothing to go land the Normandy in. The insides could be fit like the Halo-cruisers doe. - I haven't used some procedural urban creator, but if one could do a tuned city-district at least in exterior form - there could be done a reasonable big model of the citadel anyway, whyle maybe hocking up the insides onto it so you could land the normandy and go take a walk too. But it would be a larger concept art model project there. But if sections of it would have different LODs too, it would be nice and maybe doable in its realistic scale. (i think it was something around the Spain-width ?)

You remember that Sovereign was bigger that the class you could fight on the ground in MEIII - and still was just big as the boarding-stick of the citadel.

Now seeing it again, it seems that some scales may be wrong in the vids - Normandy isnt as big when you roam the insides. :/

Yeah walking in the Normandy was nice but it felt way too small compared to how it looks there. Then again the SR-2 as evidenced by the models here is about twice its size, now walking in there was fun, but I miss the Mako and the airlock sequences in the later games "Stand by, shore party decontamination in progress".

Perhaps a fairly large model of the citadel can be made like you said, and that would be seriously amazing, along with importing the interiors that we see from the games.. wow that would be something.

Nice pictures, Planets! :D

I didnt actually rip those models, I just downloaded them and imported to Outerra. Generally though I find "NinjaRipper" to be a most effective tool for getting models out of games :)

Glad you like em! Can't wait for Mars to release so I can pose SR-2 in orbit there.

Do you know if there any more Mass Effect model available from where you downloaded them? Right now I have this idea in mind to see if any of the already ripped Mass Effect models/props that people imported into XPS Lara posing studio, can be re-imported into Outerra, if so then theres a virtual plethora of potential Mass Effect models ranging from mundane props to spacecraft and rovers that could potentially be imported but I don't know if that's even feasible yet.

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 03:13:10 am »

i found the maco in the warehouse, if anything :
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?redirect=1&mid=7fa66cbab0a036db8f012e721fb92cd5 ... seems the only real 3D model to get on the net.

Planets

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:39 am »

i found the maco in the warehouse, if anything :
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?redirect=1&mid=7fa66cbab0a036db8f012e721fb92cd5 ... seems the only real 3D model to get on the net.

Nice find! I'll try and learn how to import a model using this as a start I guess.

PytonPago

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 03:48:28 am »

Should not be much problem - just check if the wheels are separate meshes whyte pivot points(origins) in their center and maybe setting the canon too ... unless you would like to animate the wheel-rods. But there is a way for them trough scripts, will help if something, just let me know ...

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:49 pm »

I should point out that people have already tried to add the interior parts of the Normandy but they seem to have used a bit of artistic license when making those levels and they dont actually fit inside the hull XD

PytonPago

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 02:19:31 pm »

... and they dont actually fit inside the hull XD

... well, we need a Tardis core then. :D

Planets

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:11 pm »

I should point out that people have already tried to add the interior parts of the Normandy but they seem to have used a bit of artistic license when making those levels and they dont actually fit inside the hull XD

Ahaha, indeed, as I have discovered so for myself today

Part of me is impressed but part of me is shattered, the illusion broken  :'(

Also I'm not going to try to import that mako anytime soon lol, it's way beyond the scope of my abilities, right now I'm starting off simple and trying out basic texturing - already made kind of autumn looking trees! Berry nice.
Pages: [1] 2