Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mass Effect - Normandy SSV & SR2  (Read 25529 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Mass Effect - Normandy SSV & SR2
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »

I would love it if Jsbsim had an engine/thruster model that allowed space flight.

It would also be nice to know if outerras world-physics models gravity realistically enough to allow stable orbits for vehicles.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »

I would give semi-vital body parts for a VR game like Mass Effect XD

Planets

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 10:52:26 pm »

Dear god yes.

I would love it if Jsbsim had an engine/thruster model that allowed space flight.

It would also be nice to know if outerras world-physics models gravity realistically enough to allow stable orbits for vehicles.

Makes me imagine Outerra with Orbiter 2010's super realistic spaceflight/rocket simulation engine  8)

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »

Dear god yes.

Makes me imagine Outerra with Orbiter 2010's super realistic spaceflight/rocket simulation engine  8)

Well its hard to see Outerras earth from orbit and not imagine a space shuttle simulation. It wouldn't even have to be a huge, complicated program. F-sim Space Shuttle managed to to a credible job of shuttle landing just on an iPad! Just Imagine what Outerra could do. (which is yet another market: education.)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:39:15 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 12:39:27 am »

If its the cerberus SR-2 - you dont have the internal parts right ... remember the escalator animation ?

The second one has about a 1/3 of the ecliptic part height taken by the main-bridge hall, so there is plenty space ... its the lack of "bending" that is the problem, cause the whole area should have been slightly bend in the hulls length eclipse. Also, Keep in mind, that the middle part of the hull (the lower deck according to the windows in next photos) have still a second level as far up front almost right under the first single window of the main deck level (thats where Garrus had its main gun room, where he likes to be whyte the kitchen and med-bay/Cerberus quarters right behind). Remember too, when the SR-1 one was cut in half, there was still something about a meter hull width around the main bridge area (SR-2 will certainly have more compared its scale towards the old one -- hell, i had problems hawing dimensions and angles written bad at technical documentation to my BTR-80, no wonder some sci-fi ship will be out of grid) - i would not be scared to scale the outer model up till the internals fit as they should (you would ending up making the flyer bigger than charts say anyway cause it isnt right to the internals). So i would take all the internal parts, stick them together floor beneath floor and then scale up the outer model till it fits and try bending the main-bridge level a bit, so the cockpit is at right place. I know the ME creators didnt much compare these dimensions when they're done stuff, but the thick hull gives some room to operate there.

... well, if im good at finishing my texturing work, i guess i could throw an eye on the Maco ... ill see how things will proceed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:45:41 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 02:39:19 am »

Thats a hell of a lot of work just to have the interiors fit in, but then it seems it might actually work out good once the exterior is scaled up higher, thats a willing sacrifice to have an actual interior working.

Good luck with the Mako as well if you decide to work on it!

zzz

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 07:49:56 am »

I have all the ME ship & vehicle models if you want them.

PytonPago

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:22 am »

Thrown a look at the MACO. ---- WOW ! There is some work needed to do that thingy work into OT. Not sure if its the Sketch-up way of organizing meshes, but i kinda hate models, where meshes are named like car-parts in a factory warehouse index book.

Bad thing is, the SketchUP warehouse is really a bad place - cant get any contact info on the creator.  :P

Found out that the wheels are actually at an external axle (that has to be fixed, cause its wrong) and the vehicle is suspended on hydraulics. Not sure yet, but maybe i could use the BTR-80 wheel-animation and wheel suspension structure on this.

Thought, that i could actually pimp it a little too whyle at that work - give some tire-enhancement (as its just circularity itself) - what i like to ask, has anyone a idea how the interior is thought out ?

Figured after concept art, that the windshield is actually under the hull and two narrow windows are at top of it .. but i would be interested, how the turret actually should look like from inside. Doe, it seems more for an ground-up re-modelling work. Doe, i always wondered how ME would be like if pushed to realism manners. 

Also :

... seems the ME creators had more than the SR-1/2 out of scale, the Maco is at 2/3 or 1/2 scale in-game ! :D :D :D :D
    Actually, its a very bad info for the SR-2 - the hangar seem be able to fit only two of those and get to take a lot of space there - not sure how the shuttles fit into this, when taken some better look at them. It may need some re-design there. ...

I kinda starting to get some topple in my mind after the SR-2 interior fitting talk. What ya think, does BioWare mind if we use their stuff (off course purely MOD-work freeware content, but still) ? I kinda would like to have a little chat whyte their designer about the tech a little. ( Matt Rhodes or Andrew Ryan that is, well if they had the tech stuff also, cause i might be wrong and he could have worked just on the character-part )
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:40:14 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »

I have all the ME ship & vehicle models if you want them.

Whoa do want, that would be really great if you could upload them! Could be used in future mods for other games perhaps, or when ME3 modding really kicks off as its starting to perhaps the Mako could be imported into it, lots of possibilities.

Wow, you're actually trying to make it a working vehicle? That's highly ambitious, my original intended idea was just a static object so it could at least be used in some nice screens but now I realize that Outerra + Mako planetary rover (even without the thrusters) would be insanely cool, and very fitting. Certainly if I was exploring an entire world via rover I would choose that plucky little dependable and tough as nails Mako with its decent weaponry and useful little thrusters underneath. I wish you seriously good luck with that!

As for the interior of the Mako, it's never shown in game, theres just a third person view and a zoom in view for the turret on top. But this kind of makes sense to me, since it's a planetary exploration rover dropped from high altitude into hostile worlds and environments, windows of any sort would be a hazard, and surely in the future they must have some seamless lag-free camera mounts that show the occupants inside a 360 degree view around the rover, so in some ways a first person view could be exactly like a third person since it could just be someone looking into a massive screen, but an actual interior outside of a screen like that would be something really cool if its doable. Also if you're talking about the narrow slits in front, I think those are just the headlights, otherwise a Geth Colossus could launch their energy weapon directly at the front of the vehicle and almost instantly take out the occupants, or at the very least the driver.

What ya think, does BioWare mind if we use their stuff (off course purely MOD-work freeware content, but still) ?

I think Bioware would be fine with it, they have already allowed Mass Effect modding for the longest time, and have a special forum section for it now too. Besides the Mako was only featured in one game, way back in 2009, and that was it. Afterwards we were given that awful Hammerhead hover vehicle as DLC but it just wasn't the same as physically roving on the lunar surface, using the thrusters to prop yourself on the highest peak, and finally looking through your weapon zoom at Earth, and firing off a couple of shells in that direction of the skybox :P

PytonPago

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 03:42:50 pm »

Wow, you're actually trying to make it a working vehicle? That's highly ambitious, my original intended idea was just a static object so it could at least be used in some nice screens but now I realize that Outerra + Mako planetary rover (even without the thrusters) would be insanely cool, and very fitting. Certainly if I was exploring an entire world via rover I would choose that plucky little dependable and tough as nails Mako with its decent weaponry and useful little thrusters underneath. I wish you seriously good luck with that!

This is OT, man, you cant spawn a static M35-Maco just like that whyteout some fancy stuff turning on it !  ;D  :D

Now doing needed changes to his model, to import it at its actual state - he had it all twisted as if for some scene and i must reset all pivot-point orientations, plus had to delete all unnecessary vertices. He sure know, how to make someone hell to game-port it. Good i cant find a contact on him, cause he would got a second mail whyte heavy critics. :D :D
Its almost ready for import, just the pivot setting and can try, when i come home from school.

I actually thought having it for reals if ewer - so, if i get some idea how to design the interior, i really would like it to be modeled. Thought about something like the SR-2 cockpit setup (just upside-down cause the windshield is turned so on the Maco). But i have no idea how to do the turret - maybe something like they do nowadays on military SUVs, as an joystick and a little LCD for the co-pilot, so the rear part can be as an seat-compartment for people. Could be for 8 ifim looking right at it. As for suspension, i think i could get it animated. And yes, you should expect, that the Wheel is a little higher than a person (around 2 meters). So the SR-hangar will need 4 meters high stuff being there. Dont remember if it was fitting whyte its dimensions for that.

I think Bioware would be fine with it, they have already allowed Mass Effect modding for the longest time, and have a special forum section for it now too. Besides the Mako was only featured in one game, way back in 2009, and that was it. Afterwards we were given that awful Hammerhead hover vehicle as DLC but it just wasn't the same as physically roving on the lunar surface, using the thrusters to prop yourself on the highest peak, and finally looking through your weapon zoom at Earth, and firing off a couple of shells in that direction of the skybox :P

Thats nice ... ill try fing the guy who done the Maco concept-art and try squeeze some little insight on his interior views for it.

Another bad thing is the turret - that thing has a 10 grade angle rotation ! ! ! What a nut-crack engineer did let that stuff go military-grade in the 21-st century ?  ::) There would be a serious enhancement of suspension needed, so it can give some 20 grade + elevation possibility for that thingy by lowering front wheel clearance.

I guess, i know now why people tend to just port stuff from MassEffect as it is, not going into detailed stuff too much - so much engineer flaws, it would kill even a tech-university professor. :D :D ( yes, i know its a more into visuals game  ::) )

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 04:26:40 am »

Wo!!! Is that Mass Effect? I gotta get that game. For some reason it reminds me of the Star Citizen Hanger Module.
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PytonPago

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 06:08:23 am »

Check the Maco´s alpha version : - http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2550.0

Pages: 1 [2]