Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Dodge Viper 2013  (Read 12767 times)

bugsblake

• jedi master
Dodge Viper 2013
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:30:15 am »

hi people! i bring a new car today! dodge viper 2013!

working steering wheel, real sounds, mass and top speed!

enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pyw02x9i9y96q88
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Dodge Viper 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:49:48 am »

I love you.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:49 pm »

feeling the love! :D
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:36:49 pm »

Was playing around for a while and the suspension seems perfect along with the power delivery. Just the tire slip values always seem too high. Granted I am just swinging around under 80mph on the grass but a slip of >1.0 is just insane in my eyes. A lot of the reason cars spin out with a lower slip is because anyone driving with keys is nailing the throttle 100% instantly so in a real viper what would happen? INSANE BURNOUT SPINS is what.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 04:36:28 pm »

i hear that! tbh i only spend 5 mins on the script! only rigged this one up because i was bored! :) other cars with better insides and more moving parts i may spend more time on, but for now i just want them in and working!

people are welcome to change the .js file and .matlib and upload it! i always welcome improvement on my mods! i know the matlib could be better for the inside mats but i just didnt get round to it!

i would rather knock up a few cars a week here for download then spend a week working on just one! if other like the car then they will want to custom tune it anyway!

maybe later when i have a better understanding of the script and how it all works, i will make a better script but for now i just wanna get a bunch of cars out! :)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

M7

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:32 pm »

I did give a try on Giucam  1.3.3 script for the Viper. Since it's another sports cars, didnt have to play to much with the script. I even got the steering wheel to work  Yé!

Beware that the engine can choke going uphill at low speed,  then you need to hit E key to  restart even though there's no restart sound.

I attached the BMW sound cause i find they are the best for now to get the feel of the new sound script.

I find the car does have issue with going uphill from a stop position, that's why i gave it a slip of 5 on the back wheel. Still need to play with the gears and torque.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »

Great stuff! We all love you! :D

josem75

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:57 am »

Great car! Pity the direction is almost imposible to turn for me. And i dont know which parameter can change it.
I was testing changing var steerAngle = steering *= 10.05  to higher value, but no change.
Also i made similar var wheelparam like Bmw have, and no change. 
Js file is like chinese for me :(   

M7

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:10:52 am »

I think it's steering:1.2 that you want to alter but you can play with centering as well to find what those does

return { mass:1570, steering:1.2, steering_ecf:700, centering: 5.0, centering_ecf: 40, com: { z:0.1 } };

thx_nb

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:19:34 am »

@josem75: That steerAngle variable is used to animate the steering wheel (the 10.05 indicates that the steering wheel turns 10 degrees for each degree the wheel turns).

josem75

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 10:32:38 am »

I think it's steering:1.2 that you want to alter but you can play with centering as well to find what those does

return { mass:1570, steering:1.2, steering_ecf:700, centering: 5.0, centering_ecf: 40, com: { z:0.1 } };

Great Thanks.  I copied values from Bmw (except weigh, for keep the real car weigh), and now the car can turn better.
But there is something very diferent with this car, and he acts totally diferent from bmw and still is very dificult to turn if you are driving a bit fast.. Its like a tank.. I changed all the suspension, slip, etc and copied from bmw too, and the car is still so unable to drift, turn properly, etc. 

I was using your Js version from 2013 and sounds, and over this version i changed those numbers.  But i dont know which values are making the car so diferent and "heavy", no enjoyable.

HiFlyer

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 10:42:40 am »

Great Thanks.  I copied values from Bmw (except weigh, for keep the real car weigh), and now the car can turn better.
But there is something very diferent with this car, and he acts totally diferent from bmw and still is very dificult to turn if you are driving a bit fast.. Its like a tank.. I changed all the suspension, slip, etc and copied from bmw too, and the car is still so unable to drift, turn properly, etc. 

I was using your Js version from 2013 and sounds, and over this version i changed those numbers.  But i dont know which values are making the car so diferent and "heavy", no enjoyable.

Its probably driving under gravity equivalent to jupiters, so it won't bounce.  ;)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 10:46:38 am »

i think steering_ecf  limit steering angle at hi speed. Have you played with the number next to it?

I dont actually remember how that js version i posted, drives like. Will check it tonight.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 02:32:59 pm »

hi all! not worked on anything in a long time, but nice to see others keeping my cars alive with all the updates! :) last year I had a 500GB hard drive die on me that had all my work on! I have back ups on another 500gb hd.... that dies just 2 weeks later! talk about bad luck, but no other back ups, so all was lost!

All I have left is the stuff I uploaded so still have most of the cars, even my reaper drone is there! never did get the landing gear to close right on that :( but real life keeps me busy theses days and don't really have to time to give the love needed to keep on top of things!

If anyone would like the reaper and happy to fix the gear and re post the js for others, id be happy to upload it in the aircraft section! just let me know :)

Anyways glad people are still having fun with my cars! I have added lights to most of them now too and will post updates later if I have time! thanks everyone ;)
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

josem75

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 02:55:05 pm »

hi all! not worked on anything in a long time, but nice to see others keeping my cars alive with all the updates! :) last year I had a 500GB hard drive die on me that had all my work on! I have back ups on another 500gb hd.... that dies just 2 weeks later! talk about bad luck, but no other back ups, so all was lost!

All I have left is the stuff I uploaded so still have most of the cars, even my reaper drone is there! never did get the landing gear to close right on that :( but real life keeps me busy theses days and don't really have to time to give the love needed to keep on top of things!

If anyone would like the reaper and happy to fix the gear and re post the js for others, id be happy to upload it in the aircraft section! just let me know :)

Anyways glad people are still having fun with my cars! I have added lights to most of them now too and will post updates later if I have time! thanks everyone ;)

Oohhh. So you dont have the 3d model anymore. You dont have this Dodge Viper  mesh then :(   This car is great. And inside with a pair of fixes would be perfect. For example in the hole of the doors (surely coz of the normals), and adding gauges, some textures, etc. 
The Dodge Viper was one of my favourites all time.
What a bad luck with your two hard drives. :(