Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yamaha YZF-R1  (Read 19465 times)

M7

Re: Yamaha YZF-R1
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 11:01:24 am »

I tried playing with the tire width and it doesn't seems to affect the sinking, Actually the tires looks like they want to stay above ground. It's the bike body that is pulling down.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:13:51 am by M7 »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 11:27:26 am »

Yea ... tried it myself now, now i suspect the importer generated collision mesh, wheel placing and the center of mass are wrong. I think he doesnt like the colision-mesh being at a almost equal level as the wheels (or ewen below them) and confusing him in where or what to drop to ground level ? Id like to see the model in blender or .obj format for this.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 11:35:46 am »

Sinking bodies usually mean a problem with mass vs. the suspension parameters.

PytonPago

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »

Thanks cameni !

Id found no other way as setting it to a 8 tonn machine with power and braking force set accordingly ... i dont think anything under 2-3 tonns is sufficient as a less than 4 wheel thing.

Still, you can ride only on road   ... any bump and its jumpy-time  ... any too-much angled turning and its jumpy-time ... any even slight drive ower the edge of the road and its jumping-time ...

Give it fuel right after spawning !! (a second later and it flips ower)

Also, the gyro should be somehow tweaked, it isnt bad, but when ya brake, its wiggeling too much ...

Front wheel-animation should be done a compleetly other way - the wheel mesh souldnt be used as a wheel in script (the problem is, script-used wheel meshes are oving just along the Z axis (up-don direction) and so cant be really used on suspensions of other than straight vertical configurations), but just animated properly on an empty mesh used as one. Whyle the mesh should be bound on the steering-stick mesh and set to move along the suspenders ...

.... .... maybe, just maybe, it could work on a much lighter weight, but perhaps the intensity of the gyro-script forces is too much on a 150 KG vehicle level (it seems to me it wants to stabilize it, but such light objects will be forced ower much too rapidly to counter itself from owerdoing it), still i cant find any sufficient wheel-parameters for such light objects to not bounc around too much.  I wonder how we make a mountainbike. :O
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:32:01 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:01 pm »

Thanks Cameni! it rides nicely over the alsphalt now. That's  the parameters i use now.

var front_wheelparam = {
        radius: 0.29,
        width: 0.30,
        suspension_max: 0.02,
        suspension_min: -0.02,
        suspension_stiffness: 50,
        damping_compression: 0.6,
        damping_relaxation: 0.01,
        slip: 2.9,
        roll_influence: 0.1,
        rotation: -1
    };

var rear_wheelparam = {
        radius: 0.33,
        width: 0.30,
        suspension_max: 0.02,
        suspension_min: -0.02,
        suspension_stiffness: 50,
        damping_compression: 0.6,
        damping_relaxation: 0.01,
        slip: 2.9,
        roll_influence: 0.1,
        rotation: -1

With the xbox controller it's better to set  with a lot dampened sensitivity and a good dead zone. It doesn't turn easaly but it does at low speed.
Too bad Giucam got stopped by some limit of the engine, it's actually pretty cool to see it moving and the physics seems about right.

josem75

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »

Edit: now instaled correctly
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:43:18 pm by josem75 »

M7

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 01:48:14 pm »

I lowered the CoG and it's quite stable now. Still hard to turn but i'm sure it's possible to resolve that as well within js script

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pizzhom0HVE&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:33:32 pm by M7 »

josem75

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 02:08:07 pm »

Maybe we should ask that guy?  Jumping in outerra all over the mountains and roads, this is why the bikes should be made for in Outerra..

Video coming from this Bullet forum  http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4941

PytonPago

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 02:51:47 pm »

... i just thinking ... Cameni, whats actually happening when a vehicle hits the ground in a non-wheel manner ? ... is it like a rubber-balls deflection, or is there some force portion taken away ?  ... also, how do wheels react when they hit the ground upside down ? ...

... i think , if not a collision mesh, maybe placing few miniature wheels all ower the body might keep it from flippin around when it falls ower ... but yet, wheels work just on the verical (model main Z) axis ...

If this would be solved (it not panicking after getting off wheels), then there could be some special adition to the gyro, so it would stop all forces on it (in a second or two of uncontrolled spinning) and get it up straight, waiting, till ya give it some gas again ...

Pages: 1 [2]