Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Initial thoughts on Outerra and Anteworld  (Read 27563 times)

PTTG

• The following post is procedurally generated:
Re: Initial thoughts on Outerra and Anteworld
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »

What I've read lately on ACC seems to show me that the long-term effect of climate change (multi-century) is a 12 to 20 + meter rise in sea level. The next century is only likely to see about one meter of rise.

Ah, found the article.

The first thing I thought was that it would be neat to see what that looks like.

Now, how difficult would it really be to simply change sea level in Outerra/Anteworld? Is it as trivial as simply increasing some variable, or somehow more complex?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 06:26:26 pm »

At the moment I think it's just a variable (which I don't think users are able to change yet).

In a way flooding is kind of already in effect because everything under sea level is underwater right now.  :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

xiong

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:49 am »

very nice, hopefully it will be the software i've searching to do my model project. it would be even kooler if it can use detail drawings from CAD programs such as AUTOCAD, so you can design anything from the mm up to its full size.

where do i test this product?
Pages: 1 [2]