Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Reverse/brakes  (Read 2505 times)

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
Reverse/brakes
« on: June 13, 2013, 08:05:48 am »

The only tweak I want to request is pressing the toggle reverse key doesn't kick a vehicle into reverse until you release the throttle. Which is actually a good thing but confusing. Either it needs to immediately swap the wheel rotation direction or not swap while the throttle is depressed.

Not a super huge thing right now. Waiting to see how the shift up and down are handled in future mods.

I'd like to see reverse just being reverse (brake key - arrow down or "s" key) like it is in other games when driving with auto tranny. Now for manual you'd have to downshift to reverse anyway and would use accelerate (arrow forward or "w" key) for going backwards when in reverse gear. Cause pressing "r" for reverse when using auto tranny is a bit annoying and not really a good way to go about it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:13:46 pm by Atrax »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Reverse/brakes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:43 pm »

I lobbied hard to get reverse as a toggle key.. Your  W key isn't Forward, it is THROTTLE. So you change your tranny and then give throttle. S is the brakes ALWAYS the brakes.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:07:36 am »

I lobbied hard to get reverse as a toggle key.. Your  W key isn't Forward, it is THROTTLE. So you change your tranny and then give throttle. S is the brakes ALWAYS the brakes.

I hate that toggle reverse thing when in auto, it's pointless.  :-\

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:06:19 am »

It's a matter of user preference, and it should be configurable. The problem with the reverse on brake is that you can't put it into reverse until you completely stop, which is a problem when sliding. Maybe it would be possible to combine it with the explicit reverse key in that case.