Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lovely sunset (hires)  (Read 34848 times)

molnibalage

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 01:26:51 pm »

Ok.

This is the point where I crap in my pants and I have to found my dropped jaws somewhere on the floor.

I can't find any suitable word.

u3z05en

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 11:44:56 pm »

So I asked a guy in my office if he knew where "I took this picture" referencing the 2nd shot above (GIMPified). He said he didn't know and then came closer to scrutinise (he being a bit of a photographer himself). I thought he'd realise, but he didn't!
He just said it must be some photo I got from the web of some valley.

I then proceeded to explain the Outerra way to him and showed him some space shots and the beach scene.
Of course he was suitably impressed.

Gotta love it!

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 12:26:00 am »

I had a similar experience with a friend I sent a screenshot to.  The only thing that gave it away was an errant tree hovering above the landscape (I think it was in one of the Cessna screens).  In that second screenshot of the sunset, you can see a similar errant tree hovering, but only after close inspection.  The average person probably wouldn't see it until it was pointed out.  These shots are so realistic it's practically criminal that it's not a real photograph :)

And molnibalage, I think the suitable words for this is that Angrypig and Cameni should be charged with Crimes Against Humanity ... for not releasing a version of this engine before Dec 31st, 2010  :lol:

*Edit: Unless, of course, that will be their Christmas present to all of us  :D .  /sigh ... Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is Outerra.  Can you please give Cameni and Angrypig some new toys to add and speed up the creation of this very beautiful engine?  Thanks, and with love, C. Shawn Smith.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

razgriz 53992

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 01:07:03 pm »

Quote from: u3z05en
So I asked a guy in my office if he knew where "I took this picture" referencing the 2nd shot above (GIMPified). He said he didn't know and then came closer to scrutinise (he being a bit of a photographer himself). I thought he'd realise, but he didn't!
He just said it must be some photo I got from the web of some valley.

I then proceeded to explain the Outerra way to him and showed him some space shots and the beach scene.
Of course he was suitably impressed.

Gotta love it!

Can we see that GIMPified image? Be really interesting to see how realistic it is (and what you edited in the photo to make it look more realistic)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 01:22:17 pm »

razgriz 53992

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 01:43:13 pm »

I don't like the darker look (mountain is a lot darker), but it's a lot less green which I like, a lot crisper.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:17 pm »

Now THAT looks realistic!  u3z05en and Shawn, try showing that picture to some people, it should fool them into thinking it's real!
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

ddenn

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 02:27:32 pm »

Last picture is absolutely stunning! You definitely need to make some filter to have such graphics in the engine itself :)
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

u3z05en

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 05:14:07 pm »

Quote from: RaikoRaufoss
Now THAT looks realistic!  u3z05en and Shawn, try showing that picture to some people, it should fool them into thinking it's real!

Yup, that's the one I used! Worked like a charm!   ;)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 05:04:51 am »

Now do that same shot with an Apache gunship in the distance and the tatra looking all bad-ass on the mountain..

That shot alone could sell a blind man on Outerra..

**I may edit in bikini babes too**

Quote from: grabacr 31770
I don't like the darker look (mountain is a lot darker), but it's a lot less green which I like, a lot crisper.

There really is no green on that hill, its brown dirt and trees out of direct sunlight.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 05:12:00 am »

Quote from: ddenn
Last picture is absolutely stunning! You definitely need to make some filter to have such graphics in the engine itself :)

Um.. That is from the engine? I imagine he modified the white balance of the game. I don't think it's in their nature to photoshop ANY of the screens from the game.

Here is the best shot of a sunset I have ever taken.. Weird it occurred in the Bronx..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

razgriz 53992

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 10:39:32 am »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
There really is no green on that hill, its brown dirt and trees out of direct sunlight.

I mean the atmosphere looked like it had quite a greenish haze.

Also, that sunset is unbelievable :) Where is that?

ddenn

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 12:27:06 pm »

Quote from: ddenn

Um.. That is from the engine? I imagine he modified the white balance of the game. I don't think it's in their nature to photoshop ANY of the screens from the game.

Will be nice if so. But by the exact position of the camera and the sun I thought that was GIMP or Photoshop. I can make the same for second picture easily:

i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 03:35:51 pm »

grabacr 31770 asked to see the GIMPed version, sorry I didn't make it clear more that it was the GIMPed version he asked for.

We'll be implementing an algorithm like that, but not the way GIMP does it as that would require two passes - one to analyze the scene and the second one to mix the colors. We need an algorithm that uses the current atmospheric situation and lighting condition to produce a matrix for color mapping. I have yet to find the theory behind it. It's not just about white balance, the reaction of human eye is complex and adaptive.

Toptag

Lovely sunset (hires)
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 07:05:16 am »

I like what I see  :D

Quote from: cameni
grabacr 31770 asked to see the GIMPed version, sorry I didn't make it clear more that it was the GIMPed version he asked for.

We'll be implementing an algorithm like that, but not the way GIMP does it as that would require two passes - one to analyze the scene and the second one to mix the colors. We need an algorithm that uses the current atmospheric situation and lighting condition to produce a matrix for color mapping. I have yet to find the theory behind it. It's not just about white balance, the reaction of human eye is complex and adaptive.

The fact that you take that many things into consideration makes me think this engine is going to be awsome.
Pages: 1 [2]