Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Mech and Transformation Support?  (Read 10175 times)

Mech and Transformation Support?
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:38:20 am »

i would first like to say you are doing an amazing job on this engine. now to the reason for this thread. does Quterra support humanoid biped mechs? reason i ask is that i am interested in using this engine to create a mech combined arms game. the mechs would be the size of gundams. if any of you know gundam then you know that human soldiers/pilots stand about to the ankle joint of a gundam mech. my idea would not only have these huge biped mechs as playable vehicles "with close melee combat with hand weapons" but it would also have many different vehicles from jeeps to tanks to aircraft. it would mainly be a FPS with the option of going into TPS. i also would like to know if these types of mechs could work with this engine along with having multiple or atleast 1-2 transformations for some of the mechs and vehicles along the lines of transformers or robotechs VF veritech fighters.

Thank You for your time.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »

Well the engine supports controlling or animating object hierarchies (although not yet with deformations, as with skin) so of course if you have a proper model you can do it. It doesn't support any format containing such animation sequences, if you are asking that; support for that may come later. The transformations are the same thing.

As for the game idea, I think that a mechs game can use the huge terrains, although I'm not sure it will be able to utilize the whole planet or at least a large part of it. It would be a shame not to :). It would certainly need to be thought through.
But I hope we'll have the beta demo out soon so you all will be able to better test how your ideas fit in there.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:23:52 am »

Thanks alot for the reply and info. im looking forward to the progress of this. it seems to me to have tons of potential.