Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Game  (Read 90854 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: The Game
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2011, 12:42:57 pm »

Quote from: yhwhluver
how much you think would such a game ulitizing Outerra cost? (obviously, freeware is always nice, isn't it?) (but I wouldn't bother paying some money either)

The way I see it. The outerra team creates the world as a blank canvas possibly free for download.. And mod makers sell their mods (CounterStrikeWorld?) for cash and the Outerra team gets a large percentage of the money from that. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:54:28 pm by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 09:36:25 am »

Quote from: yhwhluver
how much you think would such a game ulitizing Outerra cost? (obviously, freeware is always nice, isn't it?) (but I wouldn't bother paying some money either)

The way I see it. The outerra team creates the world as a blank canvas possibly free for download.. And mod makers sell their mods (CounterStrikeWorld?) for cash and the Outerra team gets a large percentage of the money from that. Just a thought.

World-sized shooter? I like it! (good luck finding easter eggs!)
Theorithically, so many games will be created.

I'm gonna to go to Slovakia this vacations...Just leap over the Tatra...
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

Chiapet

« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:46 pm »

ok, well going on the idea that we wont be able to do the MMO at first. perhaps  create the tools needed to create vehicle that work in game. also give us/show us the tools needed to create structures and ensure we have a smooth way of adding them to the game. from there, we( the playerbase0 will beging making all our own stuff that will be available to YOU. we can then post pics of our objects and cities etc and you can decide to add them to the "official" library. from there you can build up( with our help) the building blocks of the worl for whatever type of game you want. I like the idea of a cool RPG type game and perhaps a ww2 and ww3 type game. a space simulator would be cool as well( maybe hold off on that though at first). fr4om there, we get tools for creating our own worlds, not just earth but alien ones. each of these worlds could then be linked by the Outtera game. from this point youll have a huge number of tools and objects to then sell to game companiesetc. these game companies could link to outtera to get players who they may charge for access. or they may use the base tech for standalone games. meanwhile your base of players(which will continue to grow) will help to keep creating new content and worlds. Some of these players may eventually become employees of outterra in charge of certain games within the main game, allowing you( and them) perhaps to make money doing what they love. eventually the money will be flowing in for you to have the servers needed to create Massive MMOs.

imagine our solar system being modeled for a space game. then imagine each solar system made being on its seperate server. from there people can make space craft that "warp" to new sytems much like star wars. allowing for all kinds of possibilities. mmm

TheChippedFlywheel

• Grinding gears
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2011, 06:52:46 pm »

Owning plots of land would be nice... I would love to own my house up in Maine and in Massachusetts... and build my house there!

My thoughts:
Group made trucking/ hauling game
            What I mean: Groups make their own buildings, run their own business and pay workers. Money can be used to buy trucks from other companies and such. (planes,cars, trucks, boats)
Definitely has to be a group designated to raw materials, to get everything moving.

Travel game, basically do what ever you want. Drive where you want. On your days off from work, get your buggy and take off down to the deserts for some baja. Park your vehicle at a motel for a ran by another company. Run a tow company, really, anything.

Weather effects with water and snow would be nice, plowing, but don't ruin my fps... :)

I am just thinking of a self run game, by the people, for the people. Thanks for reading.
Chevy: You don't hear songs about volvos...

LukiX17

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2012, 05:19:13 pm »

I'm new to  Outerra, and i don't really know what are the capacite's of this Simulator/Game can do, but from what i've seen for now is load's of tree's, they are everywere !!
And that is like a goldmine of limberjacks, and mayby Outerra could have a Tree Cutting sind to it and mayby combing it with trucks and that, Well Hauling stuff to haul the wood out of the forest,
If it's possible it would be cool to have a company side to it where you have to clear trees to put roads and tracks on top.
Just an idea ;)

Sorry for the bad english, i'm french ;) LukiX17

Jagerbomber

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2012, 06:46:27 pm »

It's gonna take me a while to get my trucks from the US to France.  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 07:44:05 pm »

It's gonna take me a while to get my trucks from the US to France.  ;D
Lucky for you they drive under water.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

mctash

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »

Looking at everyones ideas one application of Outerra engine  (which i'm sure will have been said many time before) could be another secondlife type affair except much much better. Not sure why but that got me thinking about in game economics in that kind of usage. Are people for or against in-game currency being exchangable for real $$?

I think on the plus side it could be quite lucritive for Outerra and early adopters but maybe it would be bad for the whole thing overall as $$ is a barrier to entry/continued enjoyment for alot of people.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:02 am »

Looking at everyones ideas one application of Outerra engine  (which i'm sure will have been said many time before) could be another secondlife type affair except much much better. Not sure why but that got me thinking about in game economics in that kind of usage. Are people for or against in-game currency being exchangable for real $$?

When more developers can start to build their games with OT, I would not be surprised if someone would come up with a game where in-game currency can be exchanged for real dollars, since some of those exist already but in different engines.
I think though that the existing "games" where that is possible are not real games, but more like glorified slot machines and often they are strictly "pay to win". I also think that things might get ugly relatively fast between people if real money is involved in this manner in a video game.

I think on the plus side it could be quite lucritive for Outerra and early adopters but maybe it would be bad for the whole thing overall as $$ is a barrier to entry/continued enjoyment for alot of people.

You have a point there imo, (edit begin) especially if basic things like a "good" gun or ammunition are overly expensive (edit end)
and I hope that "Anteworld's" in game economics won't be developed into this direction.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:08:18 pm by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

[deleted]

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 11:05:57 am »

You want to make anteworld like tf2 ? You know a lot of people got disappointed about the shop, the trading, the scammers, the hat-mania ? It's going to fail. I bought tf2 years ago, and I don't play it anymore from the hat mania beginning. It's a shame.

LukiX17

« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »

The currency it's a good idea, in a multiplayer mode it's world be cool see who is stinking rich and who is poor as a fart ^^ , but it would be boring and pointless in a singleplayer mode it's would be too "fixed", you can't haggle prices and dominate on you're own,
But to have real money involed would really dissapoint loads of people "Like me", you by a game at a price, to have the full game, Yes ??
So why put even more money in to a game where you've allready paid for it...

Sorry for the english, i'm french, LukiX17

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Hrm... How about you can't enter the multi-player arena until you reach a certain status/skill level/cash flow potential?

That way there are no real noobs in the multiplayer world. Everyone has to spend a week or more earning up to it.

mctash

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »

The currency it's a good idea, in a multiplayer mode it's world be cool see who is stinking rich and who is poor as a fart ^^ , but it would be boring and pointless in a singleplayer mode it's would be too "fixed", you can't haggle prices and dominate on you're own,
But to have real money involed would really dissapoint loads of people "Like me", you by a game at a price, to have the full game, Yes ??
So why put even more money in to a game where you've allready paid for it...

Sorry for the english, i'm french, LukiX17

Thats not the kind of economics I meant. More like second life. Where it is possible to "earn" money in game, perhaps by resource gathering or crafting. In that respect being able to exchange for real currency may not be so bad. Im sure there is something wildly off with my economics there though as my econmics skill level is 0.

bigbeautifuldoll

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:20 am »

Can i suggest a virtual world like 'there.com'?

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2012, 08:04:26 am »

You may suggest everything you want. The question is, who shall create such a mod ;) And whats the difference between this and 2nd life?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9