Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Discovered this today - only available on Windows 8.1 and next gen consoles  (Read 5200 times)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !

Well ... thats ...  ??? ....  >:( ..... ridicullous ! Their didnt think to out-cross us, did they ? No one will get in our way !  Intel whyte that treacherous - Nvidia ! Now i see why they did get that burning bag on my doorstep ! They knew, they wonted to outrun us, outsmart us ?!? To arms OT-Fans ! Lets take them alive !!!!   

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

The mars data seems nice, would like to climb that big hill on it too ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

angrypig

Such feature is available in AMD's OpenGL drivers more than a year... It's good old virtual texturing (VT) the only difference is you can make resolver pass in more efficient way and there is HW support for sparse textures. But it's not something incredible like M$ is presenting. There are a few games with VT implemented without HW support (Rage), this extension just make it more efficient so you will get a few FPS. But the feature MS is presenting will be available only in W8.1 and new shiny and pretty slow XBONE so no one will be using it for another 4 years in DX...

mctash

Is m$ in bed with NVidia then?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube

Doubtful.. Both new consoles are ATi Powered.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

mctash

Doubtful.. Both new consoles are ATi Powered.

Completely forgot that lol. Extra strangeness then for M$ to be pushing nvidia gear at a conference.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.

I`m sooooo NOT impressed!

Beautiful coastline? Yeah sure :P
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.