Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Interesting ArmaIII movements/positions  (Read 7769 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Interesting ArmaIII movements/positions
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:48:31 pm »

Interesting ArmaIII movements/positions ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: Interesting ArmaIII movements/positions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:19:30 am »

Does not look completely convinced. A soldier has to go
the commands with a speed of light can execute. :P ;D ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:23:35 am by Revolver »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:14:24 pm »

That line about the negative mouse acceleration no longer being there sort of upset me. Arma shouldn't be trying to "Catch Up" to other shooters. It IS the shooter everyone else should emulate. All this is going to do is allow instant spin-fires of Barret 50cal machine guns and 30lb light machine guns.

When OT gets it's gun handling going on. I plan to be on the forefront of annoying Pig and Cameni on how it should be handled.

In my world your mouse controls your view/neck/eyes but the GUN itself and sights/reticule will lag behind. Based on the gun's length and weight and your training with it the reticule will slowly catch up and match the view center. If I put one of these

in your hand you would have the Devil's own job of spinning around 180°
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

krz9000

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 01:11:05 pm »

lagg weapons sound horrible. im so happy bohemia has abandoned this horrible acceleration. until we all have kinect2/hydras with physical weapon handling there should not be any lag regarding weaponmovement..hug i have spoken :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »

Yes, you have right. They should stay on their own tracks ... the weapon weight based handling difficulties is a nice idea. Would be neat if the movement speeds (from laying to crouch or standing ...) would be at it too, maybe even the overall gear weight of the persons being reflected in slight animation differences and their speeds ...

P.S.: anyone of you being a fan of the BF2 Project reality ? ... they just started the 1.0v open beta now ...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:16:55 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »

lagg weapons sound horrible. im so happy bohemia has abandoned this horrible acceleration. until we all have kinect2/hydras with physical weapon handling there should not be any lag regarding weaponmovement..hug i have spoken :)

I agree. With the mouse as an input device, the negative acceleration makes for an additional artificial barrier between the user and the virtual weapon.
Aiming becomes a bit like a chore and a game of luck.
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Jagerbomber

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 05:09:56 pm »

Sorry, but I'm with Zeos on this one.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Chaoz

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »

when going for action then the negative acceleration doesn't make sense , but if your going for realism, which Arma seems to do , it makes sense.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »

For the people protesting weapon lag. Be mindful of this. In my world you are either relaxed or HOLY CRAP I AM GOING TO DIE mode!!

So if your gun is at the ready (toggle-able state that lasts a while not forever) you will sight your target faster than if you get blind-sided in an ambush. So even in a fast paced scenario you could be lethal if you are ready before the enemy.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

krz9000

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 04:06:45 am »

most games have this mechanic by having a wide weapon bounce while firing from the hip and less bounce from firing combat ready. what i find very important is that games are fun. the battlefield series manages to find a sweet spot. you get rewarded by having situational awareness and not much random things add to frustration. on the other side arma tries to be more realistic, but its not,...they just add more reasons for frustration. games need to focus on the fun part until all sensors can be correctly stimulated. i cant stand e.g. the abilities of AI soldiers to spot you from 1000m and kill you with the second bullet. its still a long way to have a high fidelity world at 60frames in steroscopic 3d and great pyhsical audio...untill then games need to focus on making the limitations feel fun.

Minoza

• 3D artist
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 04:18:04 am »

This is currently one of the big subjects on BI forums, along the usual stuff like performance, bipods etc... As a long time Arma player, I enjoy the new feel, it's very fluid, it simply feels good. Of course, this brought new issue, players are able to spin like mad no matter which weapon they use. I agree that this needs to be addressed, but is the negative mouse acceleration the only way?

Is it possible to have the level of responsiveness and precision like now, but limit ability to turn around depending on how heavy your weapon is?
I possess a skill to google

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »

I personally love the feel of ARMA 3. It isn't the puppet simulator that ARMA 2 was.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.