Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Street stuff  (Read 10707 times)

Oldtown

Street stuff
« on: April 15, 2013, 05:16:33 am »

While I was testing around with the importer I really missed a main thing in Outerra. Street stuff!!!!

So I started to build a road cone. It's a typical german road cone with 50cm or 100cm.  8)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: Street stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:46:47 am »

Looks good, thx.

(schön zu sehen, dass sogar die "hartnäckigste Il2-Anhänger"
sich den Weg hierher gefunden haben.
Mit Kameradschaftlichen Fliegergrüßen v. ne I/PickAs-G.
  ;) )

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Oldtown

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:58 am »

Hello Revolver, after the massive problems with IL-2 cliffs of dover and the out dated IL-2 1946 I decided to leave the Squadron. Also we got some internal problems. A little bit "Kindergarten" ;) I hope that flight simulation will have a big revival with Outerra.

Here is a small update ... now tow traffic signs. It seems I got to make a big pack of all 400 traffic signs ^^

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 04:32:46 pm »

Geez.  No matter where I go, I can't get away from road construction!!  ;)  Nice adds.  Little things make a big difference.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:57:40 am »

Yea, make a pack with all this stuff and be so good to share it with us  :P hehe
So we can start making our home towns in Outerra!  ::)

mori

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »

Are you still working on it? It has been quite a while...

leglobetrotter

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »

Hello
Superb work, I encourage you to continue.
 :) :)
My cordialites
Ange

mori

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 12:51:58 am »

i can continue his work, since he probably left.

leglobetrotter

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 02:50:33 am »

Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen that the person had left the forum. And as my English is far more functional, I am using a language translator, more to understand the topics, I spend a lot of time to do the translation.

As I begin to find a cadence of acceptable work; I start to leave messages.

For the work of 3D unfortunately for me that seems impossible because I am 60 years old and I have never done this. More programs are very expensive to buy.   :( :(
My cordialites
Ange

mori

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 03:04:29 am »

Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen that the person had left the forum. And as my English is far more functional, I am using a language translator, more to understand the topics, I spend a lot of time to do the translation.

For the work of 3D unfortunately for me that seems impossible because I am 60 years old and I have never done this. More programs are very expensive to buy.   :( :(

Programs are tools. There are expensive big tools, and even free, but still good for achieving what you want to achieve.
The main thing is that core principles of 3d are outside of tools,modelling topology, process of unwrapping, drawing textures,
and many more are done in same way in all software, with very little differences.
Important thing is just to make the job done, whatever tools you use.
As to 60 years old, it can be a problem to get used to all tools available, and remember all things clearly, but in the end, you have much more
life experience that many of us. You obviously have more patience, skill of observation and wisdom. So if you decided to make 3d as your hobby,
start slow and move slow, until you gain your speed. Remember that joy of creation is what matters.
On your path you will struggle constantly with problems you will not know how to resolve, and tools that don't do what
you want them to do, and so on. So be patient and be patient and be patient and be patient.

Oh and there is also a shit ton huge amount of video lessons on youtube of any kind, about anything, you can spend years
just learning all youtube stuff.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 05:29:06 am »

You can get free professional 3D modeling progs for free on Autodesk's site. You just need to make an account and they'll give you tools for free, whatever prog you want from their list. Try it out, and good luck! :)

leglobetrotter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:51 am »

You can get free professional 3D modeling progs for free on Autodesk's site. You just need to make an account and they'll give you tools for free, whatever prog you want from their list. Try it out, and good luck! :)

Thank you for this information, we will therefore try to make 3D   :o :o ::) ::) :P :P :P ;D ;D
My cordialites
Ange