Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Bridges (fake).  (Read 7575 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Bridges (fake).
« on: February 27, 2015, 03:24:24 pm »

Hi!!!

This is not a real bridge, but a mesh to put beside the road and simulate one. It consist of two meshes, the bridge walls  and the tips, so you can make bridges as large as you want.

Real bridges have to wait, till the collision mesh allow us to drive over them.

Being temporal, it is not a quality model, but just one I used to test LODs.

Credits:

- Diffuse texture:  ftourini, in Devianart (I made the nn).
- Screenshots taken in  Talkeetna: Acetone. (I hope he will make good use of it, as he always do!  :) ).

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8l4fs8e40b4obv/BRIDGE_%28FAKE%29.KW71.zip?dl=0

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:52:23 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Bridges (fake).
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:55:24 pm »

Awesome  :)

Fun fact: in Talkeetna majority of these road bridges were not supposed to be here, I added them to hide elevation differences between some of the water meshes.

Thanks a lot KW71!

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:27:39 pm »

Fun fact: in Talkeetna majority of these road bridges were not supposed to be here, I added them to hide elevation differences between some of the water meshes.

Thanks a lot KW71!

Acetone, are there any plans to clean up Alaska/Talkeena of buildings that may have issues, and whose contributors may not be available to supply the needed corrections?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:33:35 am »

Thanks a lot KW71!

Acetone, are there any plans to clean up Alaska/Talkeena of buildings that may have issues, and whose contributors may not be available to supply the needed corrections?

Yep :)

I will be alble to go back working on Outerra projects the next week, and will try to clean things that have no mipmaps yet (you have suggested a method in an other thread I think).

Then I will try to contact all the people who made models I'm using in the scene, to see if I can have their agreement to create a single big package with the scenery and all the models, because it seems to be more and more important, especially with these non-updated buildings. There is already a hidden full version of Talkeetna for developement purposes.

I want to make it more simple to instal the whole thing, but only with models creators of course. I will try to do my best to showcase their work, so I hope they will be ok with this project :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:29:28 am »

Good luck finding Mori! I looked around, but he seems to have faded into the depths of the internet. Then I went into Talkeetna to do some cleanup myself, and whoa!

The place is practically Morikubo-land! I never realized before how many of his houses you used there.

Anyway, I somehow managed to wreck the whole scenery (all the water panels suddenly decided to point at the sky!!!) and I gave up.

I will now sit quietly, and let you fix it.  :facepalm: :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:53:39 am »

you sure have my permission to include my models in your scenery. its an excellent idea to make all included package especially if you can keep the hierachy of the model folders so that people can still update individual model.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 01:26:00 pm »

Good luck finding Mori! I looked around, but he seems to have faded into the depths of the internet. Then I went into Talkeetna to do some cleanup myself, and whoa!

The place is practically Morikubo-land! I never realized before how many of his houses you used there.

Yep, a lot of these (same with the Scandinavian houses), it was one of the nicest buildings set before the World2Xplane Library port :)

Anyway, I somehow managed to wreck the whole scenery (all the water panels suddenly decided to point at the sky!!!) and I gave up.

Oh I want to see that :) Pic?

you sure have my permission to include my models in your scenery. its an excellent idea to make all included package especially if you can keep the hierachy of the model folders so that people can still update individual model.

Thanks M7! The packages hierachy will remain the same, so models will still be located under their author's name :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 04:00:52 pm »

No pics. After resting my forehead on the table for a moment, I restarted the program.....  :)