Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Global MMORPG  (Read 13027 times)

James

Global MMORPG
« on: July 26, 2013, 04:58:04 am »

My friend and I were discussing about a game we could make when the engine is capable of being coded with Lua, because we both know Lua pretty well. And I thought about an apocalyptic MMORPG in which players can go all over the Earth to play. There'd be airports, towns, cities, and houses along the road. People could live in houses and build it up, go out to a mine to get some material, cut down some wood, build solar panels, windmills, etc.. Players could either look for fights in major towns/cities or go out far into the wild and find a house to live in. The player when spawn with a menu to select an airport to spawn at. From there, it'd obviously be safe inside, they could leave to get a car nearby and drive away, or maybe get an airplane from the runway and find a home somewhere safe, or even find someone else's home. -- Something along the lines of that. But if the engine is a full world engine, why not put use to it? ;)

(All of this should be capable, though. Right? I'd realize it'd take a team of people to do a lot of it. XD)

Peca

• Outerra fan
Re: Global MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:46:01 pm »

I like the idea, but unless you come up with some genius idea how to make people cerate the world themselves (Minecraft style), you would need an enormous team, time and budget.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »

unless you come up with some genius idea how to make people create the world themselves

Just tell people they can create the whole world themselves. They will come.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 12:32:30 am »

unless you come up with some genius idea how to make people create the world themselves

Just tell people they can create the whole world themselves. They will come.

This.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

James

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 05:47:07 am »

Well, make a game like that. Then if people like it you can use the money you get from that game to make the one I'm talking about.

MarkusRunk

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 03:02:17 am »

My friend and I were discussing about a game we could make when the engine is capable of being coded with Lua, because we both know Lua pretty well. And I thought about an apocalyptic MMORPG in which players can go all over the Earth to play. There'd be airports, towns, cities, and houses along the road. People could live in houses and build it up, go out to a mine to get some material, cut down some wood, build solar panel, windmills, etc.. Players could either look for fights in major towns/cities or go out far into the wild and find a house to live in. The player when spawn with a menu to select an airport to spawn at. From there, it'd obviously be safe inside, they could leave to get a car nearby and drive away, or maybe get an airplane from the runway and find a home somewhere safe, or even find someone else's home. -- Something along the lines of that. But if the engine is a full world engine, why not put use to it? ;)

(All of this should be capable, though. Right? I'd realize it'd take a team of people to do a lot of it. XD)
You have raised valid point.. Anybody applied it or not?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:37:57 am by MarkusRunk »

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:51 am »

Isn't that the idea behind Anterra? I mean, to build a world?
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:23 am »

Isn't that the idea behind Anterra? I mean, to build a world?

... Antenworld had an futuristic apocalypse scenario, where the last people are actually come-backers form a interstellar travel to Sirius ( ?? ) and back and found that we actually ended up pretty dead on the earth, so they try find whats behind the disappearance (i bet on the usual - few hudred tousand nutcases done something very stupid - scenario  :D ) ... IF I RECALL THAT GOOD.   :)  Cant well remember where the topic about it sits. I think there was a discussion of this scenario being friendly towards the "populating" of the entire Earths face heavily whyte stuff being then obsolete.  ;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DeanosBeano

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:42:17 pm »

this is what Anteworld is

Now we must all build our worlds and interactions :)

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 10:45:37 pm »

lol what? you sure the video isn't playing in reverse?
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!