Outerra Engine > News

Outerra Year 2010 Retrospective Video

(1/3) > >>

cameni:
Our friend from Texas, artist and science-fiction writer born under nickname of C. Shawn Smith, made this nice compilation from pieces of our published and some unpublished videos created during the year 2010.

Outerra 2010 Retrospective

[youtube2]SeoT_cz2nC0[/youtube2]

Thanks Shawn, and happy New Year to all our fans and supporters all around the world!

razgriz 53992:
Brilliant video, well done Shawn :D I loved watching the unreleased stuff, it's always great watching a new video.

Just shows how far, graphically, this engine has got. It's a great compilation of the best parts of this development this year.

C. Shawn Smith:
Thanks :).  It was great fun.  I'd been thinking about this for a while, and started preliminary work on it just for fun while learning my video software.  I sent a personal request to Cameni, along with a sample link to the first video.  It's gone through eight different iterations to get here, but there's a couple of tweaks I really should have done.  But you get to a point where you go blind staring at the hour-long rendering process :).  Not to mention my harddrive filled up VERY fast collecting these videos.  Now comes the long process of backing them up to DVD and freeing up some space  :(

It's a little on the long side, but for the retrospective I figured it best to include a few extra clips, especially the few that were better versions of other videos.

Happy New Year!

*Edit* Oh, and I meant to add one more thing.  In another thread I mentioned it would be cool to have a voice whisper the name "Outerra" at the end of a video.  Well, I finally managed to meet up with a very sweet friend who said she'd be willing to do it.  I was hoping I'd be able to get it done in time for the video release, but it won't be until sometime late January or early February before I can.  Her schedule is extremely hectic, and she doesn't have access to a good microphone in order to record it.  Hopefully, it'll add another hook in any future videos :)

ZeosPantera:
Very nice stuff. I would have totally broken all the copyright laws and put some AC/DC over it instead of the same song from the Apache, but if you want to use it as a promotional item I guess some rules must be followed.

C. Shawn Smith:
lol, AC/DC would have been good :).  I didn't really want to use the Apache track.  I had Royalty Free stock music on my other computer, which ended up suffering a bad virus that wrecked my Windows registry (and then a series of hardware failures killed the drives altogether).  Still slowly recovering that computer in hopes I may still be able to salvage some of the files.

But out of the few I had on this computer, none really fit.  I put the Apache track in there as a placeholder, but it actually worked, so I used it.  The Cessna track would have worked decently, but I think the video needed something a little more intense than that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version