Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Ural 4320-31  (Read 98259 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Ural 4320-31
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2015, 04:23:03 am »

Finally made the textured version to the end ... (exept the VZ-elektroagregat - but needs to be properly modeled first):

HERE TO GET :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGVjU4bGxUWGMzTEE/view?usp=sharing

The model and texture files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGaUNRNnIzanI5SHM/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:37:01 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2017, 06:23:31 am »

Was some time out of time to do stuff, but now im finally back.

I was reducing poly-counts whyle i found some major model-wrongdoings of mine, so right now, im in re-modeling the interrior. Exterrior, aside of lower polys, has now correct wide windshield rubbers and an Air-intake place. Will tke some time to be imported to OT for you guys, but the quality-changes had to happen.

Dont mind smoothing-issues, i just didnt apply it to some regions whyle working on it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:25:55 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2017, 02:28:16 am »

Awesome work! Is there a certain reason for modelling the details instead of using normal maps for some of them? The door has this thunder-shaped immersion which might increase your polycount to infinity ^^

PytonPago

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2017, 11:01:28 pm »

Awesome work! Is there a certain reason for modelling the details instead of using normal maps for some of them? The door has this thunder-shaped immersion which might increase your polycount to infinity ^^

Nah, the door isnt finished yet ... i also noticed later that i had to miss-click on mesh-based smoothing (just look at the door-rivets and edges how theyr deformed) and compared to what this model was originally, just the hood had the same polycount as the pocessed parts of the cabin have now. Also, im still struggling white being good at making textures - not to say, most now just make a super-hi-poly model of the same thing and just bake the texture of it compared to the low poly version. Also, the interrior was too boxy (the front lower part, under the front-pannel) to the real thing, so ill try to do it properly this time for making it better to beeing looked around at.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2017, 01:36:15 am »

If you are serious on making textures, i recommend Substance Painter. It has high initial costs (~200$?) but its totally worth it. It will bake the normal map from a high poly or a texture for you and making materials is pretty easy.

PytonPago

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2017, 11:03:05 am »

If you are serious on making textures, i recommend Substance Painter. It has high initial costs (~200$?) but its totally worth it. It will bake the normal map from a high poly or a texture for you and making materials is pretty easy.

... newer heared of it ... have to investigate a little about that.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]